Tiny Barbarian DX getting published on consoles courtesy of Nicalis
Nicalis Inc., a publisher known for its work on games such as The Binding of Isaac, 1001 Spikes and Cave Story today announced a partnership with StarQuail Games to publish 2D action platformer Tiny Barbarian DX.
Tiny Barbarian DX is one Barbarian’s “Sword-‘em-Up” quest for vengeance. Inspired by heroic fiction classics, Tiny’s journey offers a musclebound medley of engaging 2D platforming and 16-bit inspired pixel art, complemented by a catchy chiptune soundtrack. The action is broken into four individual episodes—not unlike fantasy stories in pulp magazines—each boasting its own unique setting, enemies and music.
Features of Tiny Barbarian DX
- Fast and addictive 2D platforming: leap, grab, hang, ride and climb past a plethora of perilous platforms and pitfalls
- Varied swordplay: Flay enemies with savage swordplay and finish off foes by skillfully ending three-button combos with a Sword Dash, the Spinning Sword or a Ground Slam
- Unique locales: muscle through four distinct episodes, each spanning across various landscapes including a snake worshipping temple, the mysterious Ruins of Xanadu, an altitudinous Sinister Spire and beyond!
- Bad bosses: use Barbarian brutality, brains and dexterity against epic bosses. Boss battles will truly test players’ ability to master Tiny’s skills!
- Exclusive content: included with the game on top of the main episodes is also an additional bonus episode, The Domain of the Ice Queen!
Developed by StarQuail Games and published by Nicalis, Tiny Barbarian DX is currently in development for consoles.