Perfect Universe has enjoyed excellent feedback and 100% positive reviews since its launch on Steam for PC. Excalibur are now thrilled to announce the impending launch of the PS4 version available exclusively on the PlayStation® Store on May 17th. The PS4 digital version will be available worldwide with a favourable retail price of £7.99/$9.99. For PlayStation+ customers there is also a 10% discount for the first week of release.
Robert Stallibrass said “There’s a real buzz of excitement in the office here as this is our first release on to any console format and with the positive feedback we have had from the Steam version, we really believe this is going to do well.”
Developer Will Sykes is no stranger to games development having worked on Monument Valley, Project Cars, PGR4 and Crackdown but Perfect Universe is a game that has been in his imagination for a long time and the full launch of the PS4 version is a realisation of that dream. “I have been nurturing this project for a long time now, ensuring it gets all the love and attention that an indie game needs. It seems at long last that the time has come for it to leave the nest. I am so proud to finally be able to release Perfect Universe into its natural habitat, the PlayStation® 4.”
In Perfect Universe each level of the game has a varying gravitational pull which makes for some awesome crazy physics. Will commented: “I really wanted to build a game that’s fun to play but also different –it’s easy to learn but hard to master due to these random gravity factors. The unpredictable force of the gravity means that if you time it just right, for example in one game, you can glide from planet to planet. It is both frustrating and addictive to play.”
There are nine game modes – 3 single player and 6 local multiplayer. The multi-player mode includes diverse and entertaining mini-games to play – something I love! It’s hilarious watching your friend’s reactions in person when you whoop them.
Single Player options
The three single player games collectively have over seventy levels. Each level is timed and recorded on the global leader board server where you can compete against friends or try and go for the world record.
- Perfect Moon – sees some classic platforming as you control a man collecting gems
- Moon Life – control the feet of an alien in this QWOP-like game – much harder than it sounds
- Star Light – fly your rocket ship through the galaxy in a Thrust-like game where you’ll soon learn that you need less power and more placement to navigate the levels
The six multi-player games are collectively known as Sports Day Events in which you can compete on your own against AI opponents or against up to three friends.
- Moon Golf – an interplanetary game of golf Gravity Dodge – a four player game of alternative gravity dodgeball
- Balloon Pop – scramble to pop more balloons than anyone else!
- Rocket Ball – football but with rockets! Moon Volley – a game of volleyball around a little planet Space Race – race rockets against friends