New World Interactive, the team behind Insurgency, today launches Day of Infamy onto Steam Early Access for PC and Mac. Based on the successful mod for Insurgency with more than 175,000 subscribers, Day of Infamy has transformed into a full-fledged standalone game built with Source Engine.
Experience intense close-quarters battles in iconic WWII settings. Defend the line, storm the beach, torch the enemy, or use a radio to call in fire support. Day of Infamy is a teamwork-oriented shooter that will keep you on your toes and coming back for more with its diverse game modes and authentic arsenal.
“We are very excited about what we have to share with you all. It comes not only from hard work, but also from the passion we have for resurrecting the classic WWII action genre many of us grew up with,” said New World Interactive CEO and Game Director Jeremy Blum. “Since the time Valve licensed the Source Engine for us to develop our spiritual continuation of Day of Defeat, we have found many ways to make the game not only nostalgic, but innovate the genre. We are very excited to see how the public responds to the game’s fire support and radio communication features, and to see the reactions of players when they hear the screams after being set ablaze by a flamethrower.”
One of the game’s primary focuses is with team coordination. Officers can direct their team in the field with a wide variety of command options, and may call in fire support if a radio operator is nearby. Fire support options include artillery barrage and smoke screen. Local voice is used to talk to your teammates in the game, but be careful because the enemy can hear you if you’re too close. Radio operators also serve as a communication beacon to those around them, as HQ and radio operator chatter can be heard through them.
With continued Steam Workshop support, players can create mods that contain all new factions, weapons, and more. You can expect to see custom mods, weapons, player skins, maps, and various other contributions from New World’s talented community.
- 3 Multiplayer game modes
- Frontline – Both teams are given the objective of pushing through the map. A team wins when all objectives have been captured, or if the time runs out and a team has majority control of the battlefield.
- Liberation – To win, your team must capture all territorial objectives to liberate the area. Capturing points will gain your team more reinforcement waves. You will gain more waves by securing points behind enemy lines.
- Offensive – The attacking team must capture one point at a time pushing back the entrenched enemy. When objectives are secured by the attacking team, additional waves and time is added to prolong the battle.
- 3 Cooperative game modes
- Stronghold – Move through enemy held territory and secure the area. Your team will be reinforced each time an objective is secured.
- Patrol – Patrol the surrounding area. Be especially careful, as there are no reinforcement waves in this mode. Once your squad has reached its waypoint, you must either return to base or eliminate any discovered enemy forces in the area.
- Entrenchment – Defend the line at all costs. Make sure to fall back and regroup occasionally to keep your squad reinforced.
- 3 Factions
- The Allied infantry forces of the British Commonwealth and U.S. Army clash against the German Wehrmacht. Combined-faction gameplay allow the Brits and Americans to fight together on the battlefield.
- 6 maps
- From the shores of Sicily and streets of Italy, to the forests of Belgium and Germany. And of course the Normandy beaches.
- 20 weapons and wide range of attachments
- Full-range arsenal including bolt-action rifles, pistols, revolvers, submachine guns, heavy machine guns, grenades, and flamethrowers. Fix bayonets, extend magazines, or swap iron sights with period-specific customization options.
- Mod Support
- People can create mods for the game that contain all new factions, weapons, and more. With Workshop support you can expect to see custom mods, weapons, player skins, maps, and various other contributions from our talented community. We are very excited to see what the community produces.
- The game contains a diverse array of achievements for players to feel a sense of progression learning the game’s various mechanics.
For increased transparency while in Early Access, New World Interactive has outlined a roadmap for Early Access here: https://trello.com/b/scOoUwpJ/
Day of Infamy is available now for $19.99 on Steam for PC and Mac.