Paradox Interactive today announced the release date and retail price for Leviathans, the upcoming Story Pack for their critically acclaimed strategy game Stellaris (PEGI 7). Featuring a host of new content such as Guardians, Enclaves, and the fearsome “War in Heaven”,Leviathans is the first Story Pack to be released for one of 2016’s biggest strategy hits. Leviathans will be available on Windows, Mac and Linux PCs on October 20th 2016, priced at $9.99 or local equivalent.
As a small taster of what to expect when Leviathans arrives on October 20th, see the below previously unreleased screenshot:
Gaining upgrades and improvements for all players, just some of the highlights include:Coupled with the release of Leviathans will be the traditional free update, dubbed “Heinlein”. Containing upgrades and improvements for all players, just some of the highlights include:
- A convenient Auto-Explore feature.
- Rally points for your freshly-assembled Navy.
- The Expansion Planner Interface.
- An overhaul of Strategic Resources.
- Clearer specialization/role for ship types.
- More options for customizing new galaxies.
- New smarter Sector Governors.
For more information on either Leviathans or the Heinlein patch Paradox Development Studio releases regular developer diaries on their forums.