Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition is the reworked and enhanced version from Massive Damage Inc., releasing August 10th
From Press Email:
Hailing on all frequencies! The widely praised Halcyon 6 has been reworked, enhanced, and pushed to its limits by Massive Damage Inc. to create Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition; releasing on August 10th!
Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition brings the best version of the Halcyon 6 base game forward, combines it with every improvement released since the original launch, and adds a galactic fleet’s worth of new content to explore.
“The best part of working on Halcyon 6 is our supportive community who loves this game as much as we do! From the streamlined campaign, new officer classes, new powers, new UI, and many quality of life improvements, Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition drove us back to the drawing board to look over every aspect of the original game. We couldn’t have done it without our fans and that’s why we’ll be giving all of our existing players a FREE copy of Lightspeed Edition.” said Ken Seto, CEO of Massive Damage
Lightspeed Edition optimizations and features as follows:
- Streamlined Campaign greatly speeds up progression and tightens the campaign to an action and adventure packed 12 hrs depending on your play style and pace
- Streamlined All Systems for faster progression, including economy, starbase, resources, and officer levelling.
- New Officer Progression System with 6 subclasses, 3 Prestige classes, new skill tree, and over 20+ new Prestige/Epic powers.
- New Ship Loadout and Config screen will let you customize loadouts (and save them) for your ships just before entering combat
- New Difficulty Mode called Vice Admiral and slightly increased difficulty across the board
- Enhanced Combat includes 25+ new alien faction space combat abilities, more combos for both players and enemies, increased faction weaknesses and resistances, and other balancing tweaks
- New UI Overhaul designed for greater readability and usability. Many quality of life enhancements to all areas of the game, too many to list here.