Chess Ultra coming to Nintendo Switch this year, second Ripstone-published game coming to this platform
From Press Release:
Ripstone, the British publisher behind hit games including Ironcast, Stick it to the Man,and Extreme Exorcism, is excited to reveal that Chess Ultra, their new in-house developed chess title will launch this year on Nintendo Switch™. Chess Ultra features stunning visuals, seamless online multiplayer and Grandmaster-approved AI that offers the ultimate chess experience.
Ripstone have been publishing games for over five years, and are on the verge of releasing Ironcast on Nintendo Switch™ next week, but Chess Ultra is the first game to be crafted by their own in-house development team.
Key features of the game include…
- Stunning environments and beautiful chess sets, including a ‘Fire and Brimstone’ chess set that literally burns
- 10 Grandmaster approved AI levels
- Comprehensive time controls, including Classical, Blitz and Marathon, all available online
- Intuitive local and online multiplayer with ELO ranking system
- Over 80 chess puzzles
- Re-write the past by winning the biggest historic matches
- In-depth tutorials
More details, and Nintendo specific features, will be revealed soon.
The game launched earlier this summer on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC & VR, and was positively received by chess enthusiasts and new players alike. “The team here at Ripstone are delighted to bring Chess Ultra to Nintendo Switch, it gives players a completely different, intuitive way to play the game. There’s a lot of lifelong Nintendo fans in the studio, and we love being able to support the console” states Matt Southern, Head of Development at Ripstone.