From Press email:
‘Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom’ will be playable for the first time on Nintendo Switch at Gamescom 2017 in Cologne. The demo features completely reworked graphics and you’ll experience the beach area uncut, just as it’ll play in the final game.
You can check out the game at the Nintendo Booth in the consumer area (hall 9.1 booths A011, B010, A021 and B020) where Alex and Joannis will present the game.
THE LEGENDARY SERIES IS BACK AFTER 23 YEARS!
Monster Boy is being created to bring back the enjoyment of the classic games that shine by simplicity. Exciting gameplay, upbeat music and smooth graphics. You’ll need to overcome huge bosses, find hidden passages, discover powerful equipment and use all your wits and skills to remove a powerful curse. Transform into 6 different creatures, each with their own skills and abilities. Take advantage of all the unique powers to open new paths and advance in an epic story. We put all our passion into Monster Boy to create a truly enjoyable love letter to gaming from the 80’s and 90’s – will you join us and celebrate together with us?
- Based on the legendary Wonder Boy in Monster World series
- Over 15 hours of epic adventure
- Switch between up to 6 playable characters each feeling different to keep the gameplay fresh
- Unlock new paths and secrets with special equipment
- Soundtrack from Yuzo Koshiro, Motoi Sakuraba, Michiru Yamane, Keiki Kobayashi and Takeshi Yanagawa