From Press Release:
Ridgewood, NJ, January 26, 2018 – The age of industry has arrived on PC! Kalypso Media and Gaming Minds Studios are thrilled to announce that highly-anticipated rail tycoon simulator Railway Empire is available today worldwide on Steam with the North American PlayStation®4 and Xbox One release to follow onJanuary 30, 2018 (the PC boxed retail version will also be available that same day). The boxed retail edition includes a copy of the game’s digital soundtrack, panoramic poster and a printed manual, while the digital version can be purchased through Steam and GOG.
In Railway Empire, players will conquer 19th century North America as they work to establish a vast rail network stretching from coast to coast. On the way to entrepreneurial superstardom, players must deal with cutthroat competitors, hire and fire their staff, research over 300 technologies and put over 40 historically authentic locomotives to work as they place miles of tracks across a massive, stunningly-detailed game world. A powerful graphics engine lets you seamlessly transition from a birds-eye view to a first-person perspective as you ride along with your favorite trains across your carefully laid rail network.
To celebrate the release, Kalypso is pleased to share the game’s launch trailer below, and will also be showcasing the game in a special launch day livestream taking place on Twitch from12:00 pm Eastern/9:00 am Pacific.
About Railway Empire
In Railway Empire, you will create an elaborate and wide-ranging rail network, purchase over 40 different trains modeled in extraordinary detail, and buy or build railway stations, maintenance buildings, factories and tourist attractions to keep your travel network ahead of the competition. You’ll also need to hire and manage your workforce if you want to ensure an efficient train service, whilst also develop over 300 technologies ranging from mechanical improvements to the trains themselves to workplace infrastructures and advanced amenities as you progress through five eras of technological innovations.
However, you can’t just build and research your way to the top – the competition never sleeps, and to keep your business on track you’ll have to survive against up to three rival tycoons. To get to the top you may have to resort to more cutthroat tactics as you attack and sabotage your opponents through raids and industrial espionage.
Features of Railway Empire
- Exploit the economic opportunities of the United States in an extensive campaign, working your way step by step from coast to coast across this great continent.
- Lead your Railway Empire to success by establishing a comprehensive rail network and optimizing transportation of passengers and goods.
- Master challenges and objectives through a range of scenarios, or create your perfect railway network in construction mode without any financial pressure.
- Over 40 historically accurate locomotives and more than 30 different wagons can be acquired over the course of the game, and must be put to use in the best way in order to take advantage of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Invest in over 300 new technologies across five different eras to progress and maximize the potential of your rail network.
- Compete with up to three rival companies, and even sabotage their efforts with the use of bandits and spies.
Railway Empire is available today worldwide digitally on PC, with the North American PlayStation®4 and Xbox One release to follow on January 30, 2018 (the PC boxed retail version will also be available that same day).