From Press Release:
29th May 2018, UK – Team17, a global games label, creative partner and developer of independent, premium video games and Swedish independent developer Villa Gorilla are happy to announce that the charming open-world pinball adventure game Yoku’s Island Express is out now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch™ and PC.
Yoku has arrived on Mokumana and he’s ready for the easy life, soaking up the sun and delivering parcels on a tropical paradise!
However, an ancient Island deity is trapped in a restless sleep – and it’s all down to Yoku to traverse the island using a unique blend of pinball mechanics, platforming and open world exploration, in an amazing adventure to help those in need!
- OPEN-WORLD PINBALL ADVENTURE: Flip and bump our pint-sized protagonist around the stunning hand-painted island on your quest to rebuild the post-office and wake an old god from its deep slumber
- WELCOME TO MOKUMANA ISLAND: Seamlessly explore multiple regions of the island, including tropical beaches, lush jungles, snowy mountains, mysterious caves, and steamy hot springs!
- UNLOCK AMAZING NEW ABILITIES: Help the friendly locals and earn a range of fantastic new power-ups!
- CAPTIVATING STORY: Meet a cast of unforgettable characters across multiple storylines – whilst uncovering the islands deepest secrets. And maybe rebuild the post office too!
- EPIC BOSS BATTLES: Get ready to take on giant bosses using Yoku’s trusty ball to ‘deliver’ the final blow
- BEAUTIFUL ARTWORK: Feast your eyes on the breath-taking hand-painted artwork created by games industry veteran artists
A physical edition will be arriving on 15th June (Europe/Australia) and 19th June (North America) for all console platforms. Please check local retailers for pricing and availability.