From Press Release:
Samobor, Croatia — May 2nd, 2019 — Earth is destroyed but humanity lives on. Ironward is excited to share that The Red Solstice 2: Survivors, the sequel to top-down action strategy game The Red Solstice, is in development and set to release “when it’s ready” on PC!
Set 117 years after earth, The Red Solstice 2: Survivors is about the fight once everything has ended. Earth is destroyed but life still lingers and the player’s goal is simple… Make it out alive and help humanity survive.
Ironward’s focus with The Red Solstice 2: Survivors is iterating on the tight corridor combat of the original further to create what they truly believe is a great leap in claustrophobic isometric gameplay. Coupled with a focus on improved combat is the deep mood set by the sci-fi alien homage prevalent in design and a completely new layer of the strategy tools players will use in-game; adding technology development, resource collection, and world map combat mission choices. The Red Solstice 2: Survivors builds each mission in sci-fi xeno fear, hitting new levels of tense cooperative action for the franchise and added strategic depth.
On the topic of atmosphere, Hrvoje Horvatek wants players to be reminded of classic sci-fi while playing The Red Solstice 2: Survivors. “At Ironward, we are big fans of the Aliens movie franchise and other sci-fi classics. With The Red Solstice 2, we really focused in on nailing that tense feeling in-game, as we want to players to be on edge about their chances of survival. I believe our team is on the right track, and our mission is to get this tone right.”
- Survival strategy – The Red Solstice 2: Survivors couples tactical missions with the ongoing survival against the STROL virus over the entire planet in a campaign that spans over time with a single goal – help humanity survive.
- 8 Cooperative multiplayer – Join other player campaigns and combat missions or vice versa. Bring your own research and resources into their campaigns, play together and work towards the survival of the planet as a team.
- Strategic base – Customize and grow your character in the campaign, research and upgrade new technologies and combat suits, prepare assets for deployment on combat missions – artillery, tactical nukes, reinforcements, dropships and much more.
- Combat missions – Deploy alone or with other players into combat missions in order to contain the spreading biomass infection. Manage your resources, explore an open map and secure areas in order to save humanity.
- Unique classes – Choose between 8 classes, each with a specific set of skills and gameplay style.
- Hot Join – Call for reinforcements from your friends list mid-game and have them drop down right into the middle of the chaos.