Mar 20, 2020
Ziggurat Interactive re-releases classic titles onto GOG.COM today
From Press Release:
DENVER, COLORADO (March 20, 2020) — Publisher Ziggurat Interactive is pleased to announce today that they have partnered with gaming portal GOG.COM to re-release several classic PC titles. Starting today, multiple battle-frenzied titles, including Elite Warriors Vietnam, Deadly Dozen, Line of Sight: Vietnam, Darklands, Slave Zero, NAM, and Fields of Glory — are now available for purchase.
Along with these great games, Ziggurat is also releasing a “N-Fusion bundle” that features three classic titles from developer N-Fusion Interactive: Deadly Dozen, Line of Sight Vietnam and Elite Warriors Vietnam. All three titles will be available at a 33% discount for launch week!
Ziggurat’s newly-announced classics games include:
- Elite Warriors: Vietnam puts you in the boots of a member of the elite Studies and Observations Group (SOG) – U.S. Special Forces and precursors to today’s “Black Ops” soldiers – as you, alongside your Green Beret and Montagnard allies, execute clandestine missions behind enemy lines during the conflict in Vietnam.
- Line of Sight: Vietnam drops players into the deadly jungles of Vietnam as an elite sniper, tasked with taking out high-priority targets with quiet and brutal efficiency.
- Darklands is one of the earliest open-world role-playing games, originally published by Microprose in 1992. It takes the player on an exhilarating journey across Europe during the 15th century Holy Roman Empire, encountering magic, heretics, witches, and supernatural creatures.
- Slave Zero takes place 500 years in the future. You are the ultimate saboteur and part of an elite fighting force in an epic war pitting man against the machines. Your mission: steal the largest, most sophisticated bio-mechanical attack weapon ever designed…and kick some serious ass!
- NAM puts the player in the combat boots of genetically-engineered USMC Sergeant Alan “The Bear” Westmoreland, as he single-handedly tries to win the Vietnam War. NAM we originally created using the celebrated Build engine that also powered Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, and Blood.
- Fields of Glory is a real-time strategy (RTS) game published in 1993 by MicroProse that puts players in the knee-high boots of Napoleon, the Duke of Wellington, and other 19th century commanders as they face off in some of the most famous battles of the Napoleonic Wars — including Quatre-Bras and Waterloo.
Ziggurat also announced today the acquisition of Superhero League of Hoboken, Mission Critical, and Eric the Unready from Legend Entertainment, all of which are now available on GOG.COM!
“Making classic and new games available to as many consumers as possible has been a goal of GOG from the beginning, and we’re pleased to partner with them to launch our burgeoning library on their service,” said Michael Devine, Senior Vice President of Business Development, Ziggurat Interactive. “With a launch line-up that includes titles like, Slave Zero, Deadly Dozen, Fields of Glory, and Line of Sight: Vietnam, we think there’s something available for all fans of the classics.”
“We are excited to be working with Ziggurat Interactive to launch their games on GOG.COM” said Bartosz Kwietniewski, Business Development Manager at GOG. ”We share a passion for preserving classic games and are sure that GOG users will be very happy with these latest additions to our catalog.”
Over the coming weeks, Ziggurat Interactive will be announcing the release of many additional games from its continually expanding lineup, including new titles planned for late 2020 and 2021, along with the previously announced updated versions of classics Deadly Dozen and Forbidden Forest.