From Press Release:
Victoria, British Columbia – April 10, 2020 – Metalhead Software today releases an extensive reveal video covering new features in their upcoming title, Super Mega Baseball 3, which is set to launch on Nintendo Switch™, Xbox One, PlayStation®4, and Steam for $44.99 USD.
The Super Mega Baseball 3 – What’s New? video covers the brand new Franchise mode, upgrades to the existing modes, new content and customization options, and more! Watch the video here.
Last month, Metalhead Software announced the launch of Super Mega Baseball 3 for April 2020. Industry-wide changes due to COVID-19 have led to some logistical delays in the game’s release. Metalhead is not ready to announce a change from the April window yet, but is optimistic that if there is a delay it will be minor.
Since the initial announcement, Metalhead has been collecting community feedback and has begun work on some highly-requested features that will be released as free post-launch updates. The first of these is an SMB2 Team Import feature.
SMB2 Team Import
The SMB2 Team Import tool will allow users to import their custom rosters from SMB2 to use in SMB3. This feature will come in an update soon after launch.
“We know our users have spent a ton of time building their own leagues in SMB2,“ said Metalhead co-founder Scott Drader. “We’re working on a way to transfer that hard work over to the new game so you can pick up where you left off.”
A major online gameplay feature is also under development and will be announced prior to launch.
Previously announced Super Mega Baseball 3 features include:
- Challenge your hand-eye coordination or relax and hit dingers with fluid gameplay that scales seamlessly from novice to beyond-expert levels of difficulty.
- Apply and refine your baseball instincts with a sophisticated baseball simulation featuring new pickoff and stealing mechanics, wild pitches/passed balls, designated hitters, and situational player traits.
- Take in the sights and sounds of 14 richly detailed ballparks, each featuring unique day, night and alternate lighting conditions.
- Guide an evolving team to greatness over multiple seasons in the all new Franchise mode featuring player development, aging, retirement and signing/releasing of free agents (1vCPU, 2vCPU, local or online).
- Compete online to win pennants and climb to higher divisions in the cross-platform Pennant Race mode (1v1, online only, controller only).
- Create your ideal league with a comprehensive customization suite that includes season length/structure, team names/uniforms/logos, and player names/appearance/attributes.
- Play or simulate any combination of games/teams in customized Seasons and Elimination brackets, solo or with friends (1vCPU, 2vCPU, 1v1, 2v1, 2v2, CPUvCPU, local or online).