From Press Release:
We at Awesome Games Studio are extremely proud to announce that our combo-driven run and gun roguelite, Fury Unleashed, is finally releasing! After over five years of full-time development, and including three years in Early Access, it is now out on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and launched in full on Steam.
In honor of this occasion, we put together a launch trailer that highlights Fury Unleashed’s key strengths: its gameplay enhancing combo system, original comic book setting, and fourth-wall breaking storyline. Those features combined with the amount of polish it’s received over the years has garnered the game a 90% positive rating on Steam by our players, and a bunch of 80-90/100 metacritic-ranked reviews already.
Fury Unleashed is a combo-driven roguelite action platformer – each kill you score increases your combo. Hit certain thresholds and your damage resistance and healing powers will kick in! It’s a game you can even beat in one, ultimate combo. Are you up for the task?
The game was created by combining inspiration from modern roguelite platformers, like Dead Cells and Rogue Legacy, with nostalgic memories of old-school platformer shooters, like Contra and Metal Slug. We have spent five years polishing our creation to make sure that your experience with the game will be as memorable as the aforementioned titles and we wholeheartedly believe that you won’t be disappointed.
- Ever-changing comic book – Explore the pages of a living comic book where ink is your most valuable resource and each room is a comic panel. Find out why is John Kowalsky, author of acclaimed Fury Unleashed series having a creativity crisis and see if you can help him deal with it.
- Gameplay-impacting combo system – Kill enemies quickly enough to unleash your fury and rip through everything in your way without getting injured. Learn to play flawlessly and beat the entire game in one, epic combo!
- Game customization options – Choose either challenging Hard mode, which will put your skills to the test – or Easy mode, where you can adjust the difficulty parameters to your liking. Go solo or bring in a friend for a local co-op session. Choose your hero’s skills to match your playstyle, customize their appearance or even replace their face graphic with your own!
- Roguelite with soft permadeath – Discover worlds created by a mix of hand-designed levels and procedural generation algorithms. Choose the best items to assist you in your playthrough and unlock permanent upgrades when you’ll die for your subsequent runs.
- Unique settings – Play through the pages of visually distinctive comic books, each with its own enemies, and overcome a total of 40 bosses. All that accompanied by epic soundtrack composed by Adam Skorupa and Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz, the creators of music for The Witcher, Bulletstorm and Shadow Warrior 2.