Jul 21, 2020
Risk of Rain 2 completes its Early Access journey a year later with a full release on August 11th
From Press Release:
FRISCO, Texas – July 21, 2020 – Risk of Rain 2 will complete its Steam Early Access and officially launch on August 11, Gearbox Publishing and Hopoo Games announced today. Dubbed the Launch Update, Risk of Rain 2 will introduce a haul of new content including story cutscenes, a new Survivor, Final Stage, Final Boss, Server Browser and more. On launch day, Risk of Rain 2 will be available to download for $24.99, so those interested are encouraged to purchase the game now at the discounted Steam Early Access price of $19.99.
- New Survivor, The Captain: Brought to life through 60,000 community votes in April, The Captain joins the crew as the tenth playable character. The Captain controls the battlefield with utility and damage – with help from the Survivors’ orbiting dropship, the UES Safe Travels. He wields a shotgun-rifle combo that narrows the spread as it charges and can stun targets. The Captain can also leverage his high-ranking authority to request probes and beacons from orbit to either provide armor or a healing zone for him and his allies.
- New Stage, Monsters and Hidden Boss: A new stage brings your escape run to its natural conclusion: The Moon! Can you survive new lunar monsters and face off against the Final Boss?
- Server Browser: The new Server Browser improves the matchmaking experience. Join or create your own dedicated servers with options such as difficulty, rule voting, password protection and more.
- New Items: Add a chance to fire magma balls on-hit with Molten Perforator, or drain your opponent’s life bars into yours with Super Massive Leech – just two of the latest additions in the game’s arsenal of more than 110 items.
- New Skill Variants and Lore Entries: Complete challenges in game to unlock even more skill variants for Survivors, adding even more strategic potential for Survivors and team composition.
Risk of Rain 2, developed by Hopoo Games and published by Gearbox Publishing, is a third-person roguelike shooter launching on August 11, 2020. It earned over one million sales within its first month in Steam Early Access and a Steam Awards nomination in 2019. Squad up with up to three friends in Risk of Rain 2 on Steam, Xbox One, PlayStation®4, and Nintendo Switch™ today.
Press assets for Risk of Rain 2 are available here.