From Press Release:
Thursday, 26th August 2021 – Team17 and RocketBrush Studio have today revealed that dark fantasy action RPG The Unliving will be launching into Steam Early Access on 26th October. Combining rogue-lite and real-time strategy gameplay, The Unliving offers up a unique spin on the RPG genre and follows a powerful Necromancer out to wreak havoc across humanity’s domains by smiting enemies, before resurrecting and commanding them as a horde of sinister undead.
Featuring procedurally generated worlds and endless runs that offer their own set of enemies, artifacts, and secrets, the Necromancer must learn from each failed attempt in order to succeed in defeating the opposing forces of humankind. As they wield powerful necromancy and lead their army of reincarnated fallen foes, players will burn cities to ash and slay epic bosses, all the while avoiding death’s permanent embrace time and time again.
The Unliving Key Features:
- Turn enemies into obedient undead minions: Reincarnate fallen foes into loyal soldiers that obey every command
- Sacrifice the undead: The Necromancer can sacrifice members of his undead legions to release powerful spells that can change the course of the battle
- Enjoy hand-drawn levels: The world of The Unliving is procedurally generated from a selection of meticulously crafted and highly detailed pixel art
- Death is only the beginning: Through each permadeath players will be resurrected, keeping their progression and unlocks, each attempt better equipping the Necromancer to take on the challenges that lurk in the shadows
- Overcome gruelling bosses: Powerful creatures prowl the wilderness, waiting for their chance to take down the Necromancer, each boasts its own fighting style and abilities, requiring strategic gameplay to overcome
- Unlock the secrets of necromancy: Cryptic notes, coerced information, and ancient artifacts will be instrumental in piecing together the truth behind the necromancer’s immortality, and the unnatural abilities he wields
Ahead of October’s launch into Early Access, The Unliving is now available to Wishlist on Steam. To keep up to date with all the information on The Unliving please follow us on Twitter and Reddit, and join our Discord community