From Press Release:
Fans of classic 90’s-era first-person shooters rejoice! The definitive release of the cult classic, Rise of the Triad, by the original developer and publisher Apogee Entertainment, along with New Blood Interactive and remaster kings Nightdive Studios, is back and better than ever with Rise of the Triad: Ludicrous Edition! This 4K/60 remaster launches on Steam for PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One in early 2023.
Rise of the Triad: Ludicrous Edition takes players back to the era when shooters were elegant in their simplicity and filled with balls-to-the-wall ferocious action. Brought into the modern era courtesy of Nightdive’s famous KEX Engine, the Ludicrous Edition features 4K visuals, increased field-of-vision, 60 frames-per-second of bullets, explosions, an enchanted baseball bat, cloud saves, achievements, multiplayer support, and much more!
In Rise of the Triad: Ludicrous Edition, players gear up with a five-person task force known as the H.U.N.T. (High-Risk United Nations Taskforce) to infiltrate a mysterious (and exceedingly dangerous) island full of maniacal cultists. With updated HUD and UI elements, players can enjoy the classic campaign *plus* restored cut content and a new, original story episode in the Rise of the Triad universe. Once they’ve blasted their way through the single-player campaign, players can grab a few pals and engage in some old-school multiplayer COMMbatt deathmatch with multiple modes!
Key Features of Rise of the Triad: Ludicrous Edition:
- Five playable characters
- Guns, rocket launchers… and bats
- Level editor with steam workshop support
- Multiple multiplayer modes — including the first ever capture the flag mode
- A classic for modern hardware — 4K/60, increased FOV, updated HUD and UI, original sprites and texture, modern resolutions, achievements, cloud saves, and more
- A thrilling story that screams 90s at the top of its lungs
- All original ROTT episodes and expansion packs plus
- A new episode created by New Blood, Nightdive, and Apogee software veterans
- Ability to play with 1995 or 2013 soundtracks + jukebox
- Level after level of explosive single-player action
Wishlist Rise of the Triad: Ludicrous Edition now, which is coming in Early 2023 to Steam, PlayStation Store, Microsoft Store, and GOG for $19.99 USD. Nightdive Studios will also be partnering up with Limited Run Games for the physical versions of Rise of the Triad: Ludicrous Edition. A Standard and Collector’s Edition are in the works and will be available across multiple platforms. Stay tuned for more details and a Collector’s Edition reveal in the future. Check out the Limited Run store to pick up Nightdive Studios merch today.