From Press Release:
Los Angeles, US, September 27, 2022 – Independent game development and animation studio Ember Lab is thrilled to confirm Kena: Bridge of Spirits launches for the first time on Steam today, alongside the Anniversary Update for all existing platforms.
The Anniversary Update is the biggest piece of DLC for Kena: Bridge of Spirits to date, including New Game+, Charmstones, Spirit Guide Trials, Kena Outfits, accessibility features, and more. Available for free on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Epic Game Store, the update is also part of the expanded Kena: Bridge of Spirits launching on Steam today for:
- US: $39.99 Standard | $49.99 Digital Deluxe
- UK: £31.99 Standard | £39.99 Digital Deluxe
- Europe: €39.99 Standard | €49.99 Digital Deluxe
“Kena: Bridge of Spirits was our very first game and, as you might expect, means a great deal to everyone at the studio,” says Josh Grier. “It’s one of the reasons why developing this DLC has been a labor of love. In particular, we can’t wait to see fans play the New Game+ mode, which will allow players who’ve completed the game to restart Kena’s journey with all of their previously unlocked abilities, upgrades, outfits, Rot, etc, as well as redesigned and more challenging combat encounters.”
One of the most talked about adventures from an indie studio in recent years, Kena: Bridge of Spirits offers players an action-adventure game that combines a compelling narrative with exploration, puzzle solving, and fast-paced combat. The game delivers a journey of self-discovery as Kena, a young Spirit Guide, restores balance to an ancient village in a once-thriving environment.
The Anniversary Update includes:
- New Game+ – Players who’ve completed the game can set out on Kena’s journey from the beginning, taking advantage of their previously unlocked abilities, upgrades, outfits, Rot, etc, to take on completely redesigned and more demanding combat encounters.
- Charmstones that are individually equipable – these unique collectibles each provide different adjustments to Kena’s stats and abilities.
- Spirit Guide Trials, a new game mode challenging players’ skills with a variety of replayable challenges across three different categories: Obstacle Courses, Wave Defenses, and Boss Reflects.
- Completing the Spirit Guide Trials unlocks outfits for Kena, each one inspired by one of the characters she meets along her journey. Succeeding at bonus objectives within each trial can unlock color variations of each outfit, as well as some unique Charmstones.
- New outfit, exclusive for Deluxe Edition owners.
Kena: Bridge of Spirits launches on Steam today along with the Anniversary Update, free for all owners. Available worldwide.