From Press Release:
Seattle, Wash – February 1, 2023 – Publisher Kalypso Media and in–house developer Gaming Minds Studios have today announced two key features for the much-anticipated railway management simulator, Railway Empire 2. It can now be confirmed that players on select platforms, can team up with fellow tycoons with all-new cooperative multiplayer mode for up to four players – a highly requested feature from the Railway Empire community. The upcoming sequel will also now launch on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. This is alongside the previously confirmed release with Xbox Game Pass for console and PC, as well as Xbox Series X|S consoles, PlayStation 5, PC and Nintendo Switch™.
Unleash your inner conductor to build an empire with a selection of 60 steam engines pulled from the pages of history, transporting you back to the 1830’s as North American and European train development laid the tracks of the modern railway. Railway Empire 2 builds off the engaging gameplay of its predecessor with improved construction, real-time terraforming, and expansive regional maps, offering new ways to explore and fortify your rail network. Buy a ticket for two (or three or four) and engage in newly announced cooperative gameplay to establish the greatest railway corporation on the continent. Or, take on the compelling single-player campaign with customizable free play and construction modes, including 5 campaigns and 14 scenarios to take your railway management skills to the next level.
All aboard for 2023, when Railway Empire 2 will be released with Xbox Game Pass for console and PC and will be available on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles (supported through Smart Delivery), PlayStation 4|5, PC and Nintendo Switch.
- History in the making: In 1830 at the dawn of the age of railways, build a grand railway empire from scratch and choose from 60 detailed, historic steam engines.
- A sprawling landscape: Huge and detailed game world covering the whole of the USA and Europe in one single map each*, as well as more detailed regional maps with more than 300 towns spread all over the US and Europe.
- Endless Possibilities: Choose how you want to play from 5 campaigns, 14 scenarios, the customizable free play mode, the relaxing construction mode or control your railway company in the cooperative multiplayer mode* with up to 4 friends on PC, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, and PlayStation 4|5.
- Automatic terrain adjustment: The land adapts to your track layout as your tracks cross mountains, valleys, and plains while you plan your routes, connect cities and optimize your rail network.
- Improved track construction: Laying tracks is easier than ever with automatically placed signals, expandable train stations with up to 8 tracks and bridges that can hold up to 4 tracks.
- Enjoy the view: Ride along your train and see the landscape rush by from the inside of the wagons or from the front seat in the driver’s compartment of the steam engine.*
*Denotes game features not included on Nintendo Switch™.