From Press Release:
Wednesday, 8th February 2023 – Team17 and Ernestas Norvaišas have today announced that Sweet Transit, the train-powered city builder by the ex-Factorio 3D artist and developer, has released its second update: ‘Forging Forward’. With the new update, players can enjoy expanded stations with multiple platforms for even more creative creations; explore a detailed and easy-to-use blueprint library through which they can share their masterworks with others, and take on 20 unique challenges with varying difficulties including track merging, signalling, bridge building and many more, designed to introduce newcomers to the game and test the nous of veteran engineers.
Home to a world where the railway is king and trains are the sole means of transportation and expansion, Sweet Transit sees players use these mighty iron horses to build new settlements, create intricate production lines, and grow humble villages into thriving metropolises while moving through distinct eras such as the introduction of steam power and the invention of the combustion engine.
In addition to new content, Forging Forward also adds a variety of quality-of-life improvements to the game, including a quick build ‘Undo/Redo’ action, allowing players to easily fix their mistakes; steel bridges with corners for extra architectural opportunities; and additional mid-game balancing.
Sweet Transit Key Features
- Systems-led city builder: Starting with a single warehouse, build a thriving interconnected world of villages and cities as you expand your rail network and evolve your society
- Customisable rail network: Construct platforms and stations linked by intricate railway routes to help connect settlements and ensure a painless transit for both workers and civilians
- Evolve your industry: From steam to diesel, play through distinct eras of the railway and plan the most economical expansions using the technology at your disposal
- Be a person of the people: Keep a close eye on your citizens and ensure their needs are met as you expand your routes and scale up your settlements
- Full modding support: Create custom content via Steam Workshop, including structures, locomotives, in-game rules, progression markers, and graphics
Sweet Transit is now available to purchase in Steam Early Access. Press interested in previewing the game and the Forging Forward update can request a key now via Press Engine.
To keep up to date with the latest detailed developments on Sweet Transit throughout early access, visit the game’s community page, follow the official account Twitter, join the community on Discord, and visit the Sweet Transit website.