From Press Release:
LONDON, ONTARIO – August 26: Digital Extremes today detailed planned new updates for global hit Warframe, including the introduction of a cross platform save feature this year, timelines for the game’s debut on mobile, a gameplay demo reveal for the next major Warframe story expansion as well as a tease for the one that follows, and a showcase of new gameplay from the hotly anticipated Soulframe.
The reveals came as part of Digital Extremes’ annual celebration, TennoCon 2023. Key announcements made during the show include:
- HEIRLOOM COLLECTIONS (TODAY): to celebrate 10 years of Warframe, the team has released limited edition Heirloom Collections – distinctive, unique skins for Frost and Mag designed by Warframe’s original Art Director, Mynki, along with an entirely new class of customization, the Signa.
- WHISPERS IN THE WALLS (WINTER 2023): the beginning of an epic new narrative arc for Warframe that brings a new cinematic storyline answering questions players have had since the game’s origin.
- ABYSS OF DAGATH (OCTOBER 2023): the faceless rider Dagath, the 54th Warframe arrives as part of our Abyss of Dagath seasonal update – a new weapon, seasonal content and a suite of QoL improvements await.
- CROSS SAVE (THIS YEAR): players will be able to continue their game across any platform they want, when they want, and how they want with this paramount feature coming 2023.
- WARFRAME: 1999 (2024): a major 2024 update which will take players back to the beginning – featuring classic Warframe hack and slash action and a licensed track from Nine Inch Nails – discover who Arthur is in Excalibur’s suit and more at next year’s TennoCon.
- WARFRAME MOBILE (2024): the same high-quality experience console and PC players have been known to expect comes to mobile in 2024. Mobile iOS preorders will be live today.
- SOULFRAME (TBA): TennoLive saw an extended gameplay walkthrough by the Soulframe team showcasing the game’s combat system and lore. A VOD capture of that segment is intended to be made available later today.
“2023 is, and continues to be, a historic year for Warframe. Not only have we celebrated our 10th year Anniversary surrounded by our incredible community, we’ve set the stage for many more years of stories to tell,” stated Rebecca Ford, Creative Director on Warframe. “Community has always come first for Warframe, and we will continue to make the game that we want to play. Telling the next chapter in the Warframe story continues to be an honor – and we’re on track to deliver cross platform saves, a long requested (and promised) feature.”
“Being able to showcase what we’re working on this far out is one of the things our team loves about our community and TennoCon in general,” said Steve Sinclair, Digital Extremes’ Chief Creative Officer. “We couldn’t let this show pass by without giving Tenno and future Envoys alike a deeper dive into some of the combat, character systems, and environments we’ve been hard at work on in Soulframe. Rest assured we will have a lot more to talk about in 2024.”
For a comprehensive rundown about TennoCon giveaways, player rewards, and official merch visit www.tennocon.com.