From Press Release:
STOCKHOLM and DELFT, Netherlands — October 11, 2023 — Paradox Interactive and Triumph Studios today announced details for Age of Wonders 4: Empires & Ashes, a major expansion for the hit fantasy strategy game. This pack comprises the largest content addition in Age of Wonders 4 to date, introducing an industrial culture of war, a new avian physical form, an added victory condition, new Tomes of Magic, mounts, missions, and more. Empires & Ashes will launch November 7, 2023 for a suggested retail price of $19.99/£16.99/€19.99. Players who purchased the Premium Edition of Age of Wonders 4 or the Expansion Pass will receive Empires & Ashes when the expansion launches.
In Age of Wonders 4: Empires & Ashes, players can ‘fly’ in the face of the tradition, combining magic and steel with new techniques to create mighty war machines and lay waste to enemy cities. The Reaver culture is hellbent on driving society forward through industry, and by unlocking the Seals of Power, players can claim a new kind of victory and control the Astral Sea.
“Age of Wonders 4 continues to evolve with ongoing development and community feedback. To add new and different elements to our fantasy world, we’re adding a new culture into the mix that will help shape new stories,” said Lennart Sas, Co-founder of Triumph Studios and Director of Age of Wonders 4. “We will add many features on top of this industrial warfare, like the Avian Form and Seals of Power victory condition, alongside one of our biggest free content updates, the Golem Update, which we built based on direct community feedback. Together with our players, we have many more worlds to explore!”
Age of Wonders 4: Empires & Ashes Key Features:
- Reaver Culture: Push progress forward at any cost in the Reaver culture, whose industrial might is fueled by conquests and raids. These expert engineers have mastered the art of binding magic to technology to achieve unparalleled power and dominance.
- Avian Form: Hatch your most cunning strategy yet with the new Avian Form, complete with a set of traits and customization options.
- 4 New Tomes: Sharpen your anti-magic prowess, unlock the secrets of transmutation, and muster legions of machines and automatons. Bring forth magical mechanical wonders and dominate the battlefield like never before.
- New Seals of Power Victory Mechanic: Locate and claim the Seals of Power to control access to the Astral Sea – and hold them long enough to control the realm in a fan-favorite Age of Wonders victory condition!
- 2 New Story Missions: Fight alongside Laryssa in order to stop the rampaging forces of Chaos from destroying the Astral Sea.
- A New Ancient Wonder and Infestation Location: Unearth a new hidden wonder and explore infested derelict workshops. Harness the power of ancient relics and clear the path to greatness!
- New Wildlife Units and Mounts: From bear mounts to scrap hermits, ready to heed your orders, or fall before your might.
- 6 New Music Tracks: Let 6 new tracks transport you to a world of fantasy and adventure!
In addition, Empires & Ashes will launch alongside a large free content update, the Golem Update, which adds new game features for all players. The Golem Update includes:
- Item Forge: Create new equipment for your heroes and march into battle with unparalleled power and style
- War Coordination: Give specific instructions to your vassals to aid you in times of war
- Form Trait Rework: Design your race’s inherent physical abilities with new levels of freedom
- New Events: 25 new in-game events to encounter, themed around war and conquest
- Improved Water Gameplay: Graphical and mechanical improvements to sailing the seas on the world map and in combat
- New Spellbook Interface: Browse your available spells from a proper Wizard’s tome
For more information about Age of Wonders 4, visit https://www.