From Press Release:
STOCKHOLM – 17 October 2023 – The great nations of the East look back on better days. Constantinople is no longer the center of a mighty empire. In Cairo, the Mamluks struggle to keep pace with an ascendant power to the north. And, in the plains and mountains of Persia, the Iranian people are divided among many petty kings. Reclaim the mantle of empire and restore your nation to greatness in King of Kings, a new Immersion Pack for Europa Universalis IV.
On November 06, join thousands of other armchair emperors in rewriting the history of Persia, the Mamluk Sultanate, the Byzantine Empire and many other minor nations. Paradox Interactive’s flagship grand strategy game about the early modern world adds even more historical flavor in King of Kings, a pack devoted to the historic non-Ottoman powers between the Eastern Mediterranean and India. With hundreds of new missions and dozens of other changes, King of Kings is a substantial addition to Europa Universalis IV, which recently celebrated its tenth anniversary since release.
Europa Universalis IV: King of Kings includes major updates for:
- Use the influence of Persian art and culture to bring neighbouring kingdoms into your orbit.
- Over 70 new National Missions
- Unique mission choices depending on the state religion – Sunni, Shia or Zoroastrian – as well as Centers of Reformation and other ways to expand the faith.
- New National Idea sets, unique Government Reforms and unique Estates and agendas.
- Over 30 new National Missions
- New Diplomatic options including exporting Egyptian grain and promoting the Hajj.
- Unique Mamluk Government Reforms, Mercenary Companies and Estate Privileges.
- Option to Westernize Egypt.
- Over 60 new National Missions
- Unique Government Reforms and Estate Privileges
- New Subject type – the Pronoia
- Over 50 new Byzantine themed events and 10 new Decisions
There are also changes for:
- Armenia and Georgia: Two Christian kingdoms, pinned between rising empires
- Arabia and Yemen: Competing powers on the Arabian peninsula, guarding the holy sites of Islam and the trade routes to India.
- Ardabil: A major seat of Iranian culture, and the origin state of modern Persia/Iran.
- Aq Qoyunlu and Qara Qoyunlu: Turkmen middle powers resisting Ottoman expansion before the unification of Persia.
Europa Universalis IV: King of Kings will be available on 06 November 2023, and can be pre-ordered now for the suggested retail price of 14.99$ / 14.99€ / 12.99£.