From Press Release:
Tuesday, 21st November 2023 – Ernestas Norvaišas and Team17 Digital have today announced the fourth major update to Sweet Transit, the strategic city builder currently available in Steam Early Access. Available today, the ‘Rail Meets Road’ update overhauls how goods are transported and how settlements are run, giving players more realistic logistics, and tighter control on the running of their world.
Several new features have arrived in Rail Meets Road, shaking up the game’s foundation; a new trading feature can be used to sell goods on the open market to make a quick buck, instead of using them for production; roads and rails have also changed, roads can now be built anywhere and while less efficient than rails, players can connect their entire map with them, should they want to; workers and travellers also have increased intelligence, meaning multiple settlements can share workers and workforces, bringing commuting to Sweet Transit for the very first time. For more information on the Rail Meets Road update, along with all past and future updates to Sweet Transit, please check out the Steam store page.
Sweet Transit also charges full Steam-Deck ahead with Steam Deck compatibility, and arrives at the Steam Autumn sale, making it currently available with a 40% discount until 28th November.
Sweet Transit Key Features
- Systems-led city builder: Starting with a single warehouse, build a thriving interconnected world of villages and cities as you expand your rail network and evolve your society
- Customisable rail network: Construct platforms and stations linked by intricate railway routes to help connect settlements and ensure a painless transit for both workers and civilians
- Evolve your industry: From steam to diesel, play through distinct eras of the railway and plan the most economical expansions using the technology at your disposal
- Be a person of the people: Keep a close eye on your citizens and ensure their needs are met as you expand your routes and scale up your settlements
- Full modding support: Create custom content via Steam Workshop, including structures, locomotives, in-game rules, progression markers, and graphics
To keep up to date with the latest detailed developments on Sweet Transit throughout early access, visit the game’s community page, follow the official X account, join the community on Discord, and visit the Sweet Transit website.