At the stroke of midnight next Tuesday, Nov. 15, one of the most eagerly awaited remakes in history – “Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary” – will take the world by storm like the iconic classic did a decade ago. As millions of fans worldwide prepare to celebrate the 10th anniversary of a video game that reshaped the industry, Microsoft Stores across the U.S. are gearing up for a launch event ten years in the making.
Starting at 10 p.m. local time on Monday, Nov. 14, 13 U.S. Microsoft Stores will welcome fans to relive the magic of the original “Halo” experience by facing off against fellow attendees in classic, 16-player Red vs. Blue matches while fueled with free Monster Energy drinks, pizza and friendly competition. The first lucky 100 fans in line at each store will receive special “Halo” swag, including a “Halo: Anniversary” poster, a Red or Blue team identifier and more, and everyone who participates in a launch event tournament will have a chance to win a limited-edition “Halo: Anniversary” Xbox 360 console skin and other special prizes.
Additionally, the first 100 fans who purchase “Halo: Anniversary” will receive a limited-edition Grunt plushie,* and customers who preorder the game at Microsoft Stores will receive a $25 gift card for future purchases. Fans in select cities will also have a chance to meet developers from 343 Industries and Certain Affinity, as well as the creators of “Red vs. Blue” from Rooster Teeth.
The full list of participating Microsoft Stores and special appearances is below:
- Atlanta, Georgia (Lenox Square Mall)
- Bellevue, Washington (Bellevue Square Mall)
- Bloomington, Minnesota (Mall of America)
- Costa Mesa, California (South Coast Plaza)
- Houston, Texas (Houston Galleria)
- – Special appearance by Certain Affinity developers and the creators of “Red vs. Blue” from Rooster Teeth
- Lone Tree, Colorado (Park Meadows Mall)
- Los Angeles, California (Westfield Century City)
- – Special appearance by “Halo” franchise development director Frank O’Connor and the 343 team
- Mission Viejo, California (The Shops at Mission Viejo)
- Oak Brook, Illinois (Oakbrook Center)
- San Diego, California (Fashion Valley Mall)
- Santa Clara, California (Westfield Valley Fair)
- Scottsdale, Arizona (Scottsdale Fashion Square)
- Seattle, Washington (University Village)
- – Special appearance by “Halo: Anniversary” executive producer Dan Ayoub, community manager BS Angel and the 343 team
Note: The Microsoft Store in McLean, Virginia (Tysons Corner Center) will not be opened until Nov. 17, so there will not be a “Halo: Anniversary” launch event at that location.
The events will run from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. local time, and fans can RSVP on Facebook for the nearest location by visiting: https://www.facebook.com/
Created in celebration of the 10th anniversary of one of the most beloved franchises in gaming history, “Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary” is a spectacularly remastered version of the original “Halo” campaign, packaged with some of the most memorable multiplayer maps in “Halo” history. With a bounty of new features, including cooperative play over Xbox LIVE, six reimagined multiplayer maps and one new Firefight mission, a Classic graphics mode, Achievements, innovative Kinect and 3-D support, and new challenges and story to uncover, “Halo: Anniversary” is a must-have experience for veteran Spartans and new fans alike.
“Halo: Anniversary” is currently available for preorder at participating retailers worldwide for an estimated retail price of $39.99 (U.S.) Players who preorder will gain access to the Master Chief Avatar Armor and the exclusive “Grunt Funeral” skull, which causes the series’ most lovable enemy to explode in a blaze of plasma when killed.
*Offer good only for first 100 people who purchase “Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary” in-person at a retail Microsoft Store location. Not available online. Limit one gift per person. Offer begins on Nov. 15, 2011 and ends when supplies are gone. Not redeemable for cash.
0 responses to “Help Celebrate 10-Years of Halo at Microsoft Stores for the Halo Anniversary Launch”