Halo 4 Limited Edition and Multiplayer Specializations Detailed
The UNSC Infinity– the largest starship in the UNSC fleet– is your gateway to the “Halo” Infinity Multiplayer experience in “Halo 4” and serves as the center of your Spartan career. Here you’ll build your custom Spartan-IV super soldier, and progress your multiplayer career across the brand-new, episodic Spartan Ops campaign, and the multitude of competitive War Games modes.
Earn experience and unlock all-new Specializations in both War Games and Spartan Ops as you earn new ranks, and in addition, the “Halo 4” Limited Edition and “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass will provide even more opportunities to establish your legacy on the battlefield.
Activate Specializations to Earn New Ranks and Deadly Equipment
With eight Specializations in “Halo 4,” you can achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career beyond level 50. As you level up through these dedicated paths, you will earn a bristling arsenal of combat-enhancing armor mods that provide even more options to customize your Spartan-IV to fit your preferred role on the battlefield. In addition, armor sets, emblems, visor colors, weapon and armor skins unique to each Specialization distinguish your Spartan-IV from other players in “Halo” Infinity Multiplayer.
For detailed descriptions of the eight Specializations and their unique armor mods, visit Halo Waypoint: http://halo.xbox.com/halo4/#!
Two Specializations – Wetwork and Pioneer – will be available to all players when “Halo 4” launches on Nov. 6. The “Halo 4” Limited Edition ($99.99 U.S.2) includes access to all eight Specializations. Specializations are attainable once achieving level 50 in your Spartan career.
All Specializations will gradually be made available to download through Xbox LIVE in the months following launch, giving fans a continuous supply of new multiplayer content to look forward to as they progress through their Spartan career. Stay tuned for additional announcements.
Full “Halo 4” Limited Edition Contents Revealed
Following the initial announcement of the “Halo 4” Limited Edition, 343 Industries and Microsoft today announced the LE’s full suite of exclusive digital content.
- The “Halo 4” Limited Edition maximizes your multiplayer experience and puts you in the boots of a Spartan-IV aboard the UNSC Infinity – the hub of your “Halo” multiplayer career. Available for $99.99 U.S., the “Halo 4” Limited Edition includes:
- War Games Map Pack Access – The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps – three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE. (A detailed release schedule for the map packs will be announced at a later time)
- Specializations – Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. Purchasers of the “Halo 4” Limited Edition will get access on launch day, while others will have to wait as Specializations are released over time.
- UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet – Includes an armor customization schematic, a blueprint of the massive ship itself, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity’s finest warriors: the Spartan-IVs.
*NEW* Exclusive digital content through Xbox LIVE:
- Spartan-IV “Recruit” In-Game Armor
- Spartan-IV “Prime” In-Game Armor Skin
- Assault Rifle “Prime” In-Game Weapon Skin
- “Prime” In-Game Emblem
- Xbox LIVE Avatar “Recruit” Armor
- Cryo-Tube Xbox LIVE Avatar Prop
- “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” Special Edition – An extended 90-minute version of the live-action digital series that will bring the “Halo” universe to life as you’ve never seen it, and provide an enthralling backstory leading up to the events of “Halo 4.”
- “Halo 4” Limited Edition also includes the following bonus videos:
- Bonus in-fiction content expanding the characters and stories of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn”
- Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
- Making of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn”
Wage War on New, Exotic Battlefields and Save Money with the “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass
Available for $24.99 on Nov. 6, the “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass is a standalone option that includes access to nine competitive multiplayer maps – three future War Games map packs, each including three maps – giving you a variety of new exotic battlegrounds post-launch. (A detailed release schedule for the map packs will be announced at a later time)
The “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass represents a discount of more than 15 percent versus purchasing the add-ons individually, and includes three in-game exclusives3 – the Spartan-IV “Scanner” and “Strider” helmets, and the “Falcon” in-game emblem. Future “Halo 4” multiplayer map concept art pictured.
Launching on Nov. 6, 2012 exclusively on Xbox 360, “Halo 4” is the next blockbuster installment of the iconic franchise that has shaped entertainment history and defined a generation of gamers. Developed by 343 Industries, “Halo 4” continues the story of the series’ iconic hero the Master Chief as he returns to confront his destiny and face an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe. “Halo 4” takes the series in a bold new direction by delivering its most epic and explorative campaign yet, alongside an emotionally resonant story and a groundbreaking multiplayer offering unlike anything before it – setting the stage for an epic new sci-fi saga.