ArmA Tactics being developed for nVidia’s Project SHIELD
Bohemia Interactive, the award-winning independent Czech development studio, proudly announces the development of a turn-based close-combat strategy game entitled Arma Tactics; planned for a Q2 2013 release for NVIDIA Tegra devices.
Arma Tactics is a turn-based close-combat strategy game, where the player takes control of a four-member Special Forces team. There are no given strategies, rails to move on, or paths to follow; it‘s up to the player to decide how he will play through both the story-driven missions and generated missions with randomized objectives. Whether using stealth or a more direct approach, players will need to use their strategic thinking and use both basic and advanced weaponry while facing many different opponents – ranging from unorganized local militia to smart and skilled mercenaries.
Arma Tactics is coming to mobile, taking the best from games like Jagged Alliance™ and X-COM™. The finest assets used in the critically acclaimed Arma™ series on PC now come to life on Tegra devices in one of the best looking mobile games to date.
Arma Tactics takes full advantage of Project SHIELD’s console-grade controller, and when connected to a television, the game utilizes Project SHIELD’s unique multi-screen gaming, allowing the audience to experience entertaining vantage points that differ from the player’s. Optimizations for NVIDIA Tegra 4, the world’s fastest mobile processor, include enhanced physics simulation, bloom post-processing effects and increased objects and geometry.
With highly replayable missions, achievements, weapons to unlock and whole campaigns to be regularly added, Arma Tactics offers many hours of intense ever-changing action.
Arma Tactics Key Features:
- Exclusive launch title for the upcoming NVIDIA Tegra 4, Project SHIELD Developed in close cooperation with NVIDIA Explore highly detailed environments that come to life with sophisticated particle systems and post- process effectsSee your men come to life with animations captured by a powerful motion-capture solution
- Lead them through a single player campaign or improve your skills in generated missions
- Gather experience points to level up your characters, upgrade weapons and unlock special equipment
- Choose your difficulty – we make sure the game is fun to play for both casual players and hardcore gamers
- Play as you like – by touching your screen or by using gamepad controls
- Potential future platform iOS, Android, PC, MAC, Linux expecting released date Q3 2013