Jagged Alliance Online getting overhauled and put on Steam
Jagged Alliance Online will be heading to Steam late-April, but not without undergoing a massive overhaul first. Cliffhanger Productions has been listening to the reactions from players since initially releasing the online-focused sequel to the turn-based tactics series, and the developer is reworking nearly every facet of gameplay.
Jagged Alliance Online is the latest entry in the classic, long-running franchise of tactical, turn-based strategy games. Hire and train mercenaries with the right skills, arm your squad with the latest weaponry and armor, complete over 80 single-player missions, and battle rival mercenary companies in three PvP modes or compete to win one of the regularly unlocked warzones with your alliance.
Highlighted changes in the Steam release include:
- Improved F2P model – all items in the shop are available through regular play, and can be earned more easily. All known pay-to-win tactics have been eliminated.
- Total class, weapon, and armor rebalance – starting classes are more balanced, and changes to weaponry allow more freedom to customize a character to your play-style. Sniper with a heavy machinegun? Sure, why not?
- Better PvP maps – more tactics and fewer Mexican standoffs.
- Improved mercenary and gear rules – all mercenaries and gear are fully restored after each mission so you can immediately jump back in the game. Players should never be penalized for simply playing.
- Action Point rebalance – increased Action Points, faster movement speeds, and reduced ready-costs make tactical maneuvering more important while creating a far more exciting gameplay experience.
- Increased HitPoints, new critical hit rules, status effects, new exotic weapons and armor, improved AI, and more.
Jagged Alliance Online will be available late-April (pending date confirmation) as a free-to-play PC title through Steam.