The Good Life up for some relaxing voting on Steam Greenlight
Iceberg Interactive invites players to leave the short, dark winter days behind and live The Good Life, the sandbox sailing/time management sim for PC and Mac, currently up-and-coming on Steam’s Greenlight program.
For gamers who want to live the life they have always dreamed of, vote for The Good Life today on Steam Greenlight, and feel free to make suggestions and join the discussion!
New additions include:
- Faster rides among the 52 available ports that speed up the action.
- New Fishing gameplay: 15 different fish to catch for extra money.
- Player’s stats and progress charts are now available: additions include percentage of game completed, percentage of area coverered, days on-board, items photographed, people rescued, earnings from houses and boats, and others.
- Multiple saves, up to 10 available slots.
- New speedboat type: the fastest boat to-date, Aventor.
- Improved underwater visual experience.
- More action in pirate attacks: speedboat cannons are now firing and players can see their trajectories.
- Improved characters: better graphics and more lifelike animations.
- New sealife, colorful fishes anf fiery sharks.
Developed by indie Greek studio immersionFX, The Good Life is an intriguing sandbox game combining a number of gameplay styles: part life-sim, part time-management, part tycoon, but ultimately a free-roaming sandbox game filled with unique gameplay elements. Although released at retail, the developer is continually evolving the title behind closed doors for its anticipated Steam debut, once Greenlit.
“The Good Life defies categorization, which is what makes it such an intriguing and unique title,” says Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder. “As the title suggests, it’s a really laid back, mellow game that will leave you pining for more sunshine and tropical surroundings in your life. We think you will be pleasantly surprised!”
The Good Life Features Include:
- Freely traverse the tropical seas, fish for pleasure or reward, seek treasures in the deep, rescue tourists from drowning, take photos for money, transport tourists, avoid whirlwinds and pirate attacks and become rich and famous!
- Become an adept skipper and progress across seven different ship types.
- With an array of luxury vessels at players’ disposal, they can take on various missions across ultra-realistic tropical waters on their way to making a fortune.
- Gamers will experience vast, beautiful tropical locations, with more than 50 harbors and dozens of diverse places to explore.
- Realistic weather conditions and 24-hour day/night cycle.
- Players can use earnings to build their commercial empire, buy and sell properties in this tropical paradise, progress from sun beds, beach houses and bungalows, to restaurants, villas and even hotels.
- Players vie against nine other NPC skippers who compete for business, becoming the best skipper, earning more money and become the ultimate tycoon of the JoJo Islands!
- Once Greenlit: Steam exclusive-ships and features, Steam Achievements, Big Picture and Multiple language support