In an unprecedented move that will surely rock the ages, DrinkBox Studios announces it will bring the award-winning Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (STCE) to Steam – with all its new content, including an extended story with new game areas, a new boss character, powerful new player abilities and many other enhancements.
Current owners of the original Steam version of Guacamelee! will enjoy a Steam loyalty discount of 66% off the base price of $14.99, while all other Steam users can enjoy a time-limited 10% launch discount.
This version of Guacamelee! STCE will include Steam workshop integration, including a Costume shop, Steam trading cards and plans for future updates.
- Available for purchase on August 21st 2014 from Steam
- Steam Workshop: Costume shop, Steam trading cards, plus some cool future updates…
- Owners of Guacamelee! Gold Edition (Steam) can purchase the game for $4.99
- New players can get Guacamelee! STCE for $14.99, with a temporary launch discount of 10% off during the first week on the store
New Features for the Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition Include:
- Expanded Story: An expanded version of the game that includes DLC content from the original
- New Game Areas: Players will ride boats through the Canal of Flowers to save a besieged fishing town, and avoid lava as they climb through the fiery Volcano
- New Boss: Face off against The Trio of Death, a three-headed skeleton that lives in the Volcano, helping the evil Carlos Calaca build his skeleton armies
- New Abilities: Maximize destruction with the powerful new INTENSO combat mode. Plus: Chicken Bombs and Independent Dimension Swapping
- New Enemies: Lethal new elite-class enemies that want to chokeslam luchadores to sleep
- Support for multiple save slots
- Dual currency system that supports permanent item unlocks