Paradox Interactive, a publisher of games that are playable at all hours, today released “After Dark,” the first expansion for the smash hit city-building game Cities: Skylines from Colossal Order. Available today for PC, Mac, and Linux, After Dark adds a broad variety of game-changing features to Cities: Skylines, focused primarily on the way in-game cities will behave during the game’s new day-and-night cycle. In addition, all players of Cities: Skylines will receive the new day-and-night cycle as an update to their game today, whether they have purchased After Dark or not. After Dark is available for $14.99 from digital retailers everywhere, including our webshop!
In After Dark, players of Cities: Skylines will meet all-new challenges in planning, maintaining, and expanding their cities, as they discover the unique needs and quirks of the populace after the sun goes down. In-game citizens will seek out entertainment and leisure once the work day is over, while the criminal element will also become more active, requiring new strategies and solutions for a city’s services, traffic, and tourism. After Dark includes:
- Take a Tour: New tourism specializations will add high-rise hotels and other attractions for out-of-town visitors, including beach facilities if placed near the water
- Share the Roads: New bus lanes and bicycle lanes allow cities to take advantage of alternate transportation options; new taxi system helps ferry tourists around town
- Sunset Services: City services can be scheduled during different times on the day-and-night cycle, allowing for trash pickup at night and more public transit during the day
- A Night Out after Lights Out: New nighttime leisure districts can be designated, leading to the arrival of nightclubs, bowling alleys, karaoke bars, and more
- Fighting Crime and Doing Time: An increase in criminal activity at night will lead to new police activity, while new prisons can be built to contain miscreants
There’s also a large free update being released for Cities: Skylines today, you can check out the full patch notes on our forum: forum.paradoxplaza.com