Today, Gaijin Entertainment today announced that they released Firestorm, which is update 1.53 for their award-winning MMO WWII online game War Thunder(PC, PS4, VR). Here is the skinny on the update.
Firestorm – Update 1.53 Includes:
- Improved Dagor Engine 4.0: War Thunder showcases an improved version of its engine for dramatic improvement in realistic graphics. Part of the improved engine includes NVIDIA GameWorks tech.
- NVIDIA PhysX Destruction aids War Thunder’s quest for increased realism by enabling the introduction of larger destructible objects to the game.
- NVIDIA WaveWorks technology generates incredibly realistic waves and foam for oceans, seas, rivers and lakes, which will also factor wind direction and strength.
- Multiple Rocket Launchers: “Firestorm” comes from the introduction of a deadly set of new multiple rocket launcher systems: namely, the American M26 Pershing tank with mounted T99 system, the German Panzerwerfer 42 and Russian BM-24-8.
- Release of First Wave of British Tanks: the A13 Mk II, the Sherman Firefly, the M10 Achilles and the A43 Black Prince Infantry tank. The main British Ground Force line-up will appear in War Thunder later this year.
- 20 New Vehicles added in this update, meaning War Thunder has more than 600 vehicles in total.
- Two New Ground Maps:
- Stalingrad tractor plant district, reproduced based on real photographs taken during the bloody battles for the city.
- “Advance to Rhine,” based on late-war Cologne with its towering cathedral and maze-like streets that will provide the optimum challenge for urban warfare.
- Steam Achievements: War Thunder now has Steam achievements.