Today, Ubisoft has revealed Beast Master, a new feature empowering players to tame predators they find in the open world and use them as weapons. From wolves to sabretooth tigers to cave bears, and yes, even the honey badger, players will be able to summon these animals at any moment and use them as they prefer, from taking down their enemy, scouting the area, or acting as a distraction during battle and hunts. With those animals at his side, the player will have many opportunities to fight and try defeating his enemies to take back control over all Oros.
The latest installment of the critically acclaimed Far Cry® franchise will hit stores on February 23rd, 2016 on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, games and entertainment system from Microsoft. The game will release on March 1st on Windows PC.
Additionally, Ubisoft has announced the Far Cry Primal Deluxe Edition with Steelbook for customers in North America.
Deluxe Edition with Steelbook (North America)
The Far Cry Primal Deluxe Edition with Steelbook is the ultimate package for fans to get access to all digital content available and the exclusive collectible Primal Steelbook.
- Far Cry Primal game.
- Exclusive « Steelbook »
- Far Cry Primal map of Oros.
- The official game soundtrack
Digital Content: all digital content available, a complete pack of ”Legend of the mammoth” missions, a new weapon and 4 enhancements packs.
- “Legend of the Mammoth” missions: Up to almost 45 minutes of additional gameplay where the player will have the unique opportunity to play as the largest animal in Oros, the almighty mammoth and feel the power to stomp its enemies and defend its herd from other beasts and humans.
- Duel of beasts: A powerful rhino spirit dares to challenge your might. Battle him and his herd across treacherous cliffs to assert your dominance.
- The trapped elder: Bloodthirsty hunters have trapped your leader. Crash their camp and lead the elder to freedom.
- Hunt the hunter: The time for revenge is now. Lead your herd to crush those who threaten your survival.
- A new weapon, the Blood Shasti Club: a bloodstained club of bone and teeth once wielded by Ull, the vicious leader of the Udam. This weapon is unbreakable and cannot be consumed by flame.
- 4 enhancement packs that offer early access to rare resources and unique customization options.
Far Cry Primal brings players back to the Stone Age, a time of extreme danger and limitless adventure, when giant mammoths and sabretooth tigers ruled the Earth, a time when humans were not at the top of the food chain but were fighting to climb it. As the last survivor of his hunting group, the player will learn to craft a deadly arsenal, fend off fierce predators, and outsmart enemy tribes to conquer the land of Oros and become the Apex Predator.