Poultry lovers, pay heed – the all-breast meat action-shooter of the year is here! Ratloop Asia announced today that Rocketbirds 2: Evolution, the sequel to the fan-favorite originalRocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, is available now exclusively on the PlayStation®4 and the PS Vita. To celebrate this tasty release, Rocketbirds 2: Evolution is available for download at $15.99, that’s 20% off retail price for limited time ($19.99 retail price). What’s more, fans can download the full Rocketbirds 2: Evolution official soundtrack featuring new music from New World Revolution.
“After three years of incorporating community feedback and continuously making improvements, we’re thrilled to finally bring Rocketbirds 2 to players globally,” said Rocketbirds creator, Sian Yue Tan. “It’s loaded with new content and modes to provide a robust gaming experience for our fans while enhancing the level of depth and replay value.”
Picking up where the cinematic adventure Hardboiled Chicken left off, Rocketbirds 2: Evolution puts players into the feathery feet of Hardboiled, the tough-as-nails, plucky chicken super-agent. The evil megalomaniacal despot Putzki, who wants nothing more than to bend the world to his wing, is still alive, and his evil plans force Hardboiled to hunt him down and eliminate him once and for all. Players will engage in nuanced side-scrolling shooter action as they face an assortment of evil penguins, space owls, and other foul creatures while strapping on jetpacks and wielding new, powerful weapons of ‘de-clucktion.’ Adding to the game’s deep single-player story mode is a 1 – 4 player rescue mode with a unique story of its own!
Key features of Rocketbirds 2: Evolution include:
- Improved Controls: New and improved controls provide super responsive and fluid gameplay, plus an upgraded combat system where gamers can run, aim, jump and shoot – all at the same time.
- New Game Modes: Two new game modes, Story Mode and Rescue Mode
- Story Mode: In story mode, Hardboiled finds out Putzki is still alive and seeks to eliminate him once and for all. Along the way, Hardboiled realizes the Trans-dimensional Space Owls are behind it all and needs to re-assess who his enemies really are.
- Rescue Mode: Assemble a strike force of great magnitude and drop-in to a game of (up to four player) online/offline Rescue Mode, a meta collection game that takes place in up to four completely different, procedurally generated locations. Gear up, Rescue and Recruit over 16 hostages to fight the Penguin Regime. Prefer to play alone? You can do that too, but we recommend you Rent-A-Duck mercenary for additional “feather-power” support. And get ready to ruffle feathers in the Dojo, where players can go head-to-head in intense firefights.
- Cross-Buy/Cross-Save: Ratloop’s sequel is a great package deal – Players buy the game for one price and own it on both the PS4 and PS Vita, with the ability to play and save on both systems.
- Distinctly Fowl: Featuring a chicken assassin, evil penguin, space owls and more the game is fused with hilarious voice-over moments making it a truly unique and ‘organic’ chicken shooter.
- Unlockables and Easter Eggs: Discover loot locations throughout Rescue Mode to unlock 100+ weapons and costumes, money to buy ammo, better weapons, or rent-a-duck for combat support.
The Rocketbirds 2: Evolution soundtrack is available on iTunes, Amazon and all other major outlets. On Bandcamp, fans can find a special “Extended Edition” of the album, featuring extended versions of the songs, plus a free download of the 27-track Original Score album.
Ratloop Asia’s Rocketbirds 2: Evolution is available now on PlayStation®4 and PS Vita at 20% off launch discount.