Independent Danish game studio Reto-Moto launches their WW2 MMOFPS Heroes & Generals today – players are invited to take part in one grand war.
Shells are exploding everywhere around you. Calmly, you turn to give commands to your squad. A recon takes out the enemy sniper, as the rest of your brothers in arms run to secure the airfield hangar just in time to stop the enemy fighter pilots from taking off. From the corner of your eye you notice your support light tank blowing up an incoming truck loaded with enemies, and you know in your heart that no matter if you are a soldier making your first kills in combat or a general making the strategic decisions – you make a difference.
The WW2 MMOFPS Heroes & Generals is a game about war. One grand persistent online war fought by players across the world, where everything you do actually makes a difference. It is not just a game about random battles in a never ending map cycle.
You play as ‘Heroes’ fighting on the frontline, flying planes, parachuting, and commanding vehicles ranging from ordinary bicycles to heavily armored tanks – choosing the role and playstyle that suits you.
You can even take control of the war as a ‘General’, determining the strategic direction, moving army units and supplying your fellow players with reinforcements in ongoing battles.
“One of the most unique features of Heroes & Generals is that you play together with thousands of other players in a big online war, and that everything you do in the individual battles influences the outcome of this war. Yet, you still have the close teamwork in the ground combat – elements that encourage players to be social, organize themselves and make friends within the community,” says Jacob Andersen, Game Director at Reto-Moto: “We are very proud to launch Heroes & Generals. We have been working on the game for several years, and we look forward to continuing our work with expanding the game and the experience, adding features and content with regular updates for many years to come. This is only the beginning.”
- One grand war: Take part in one grand, persistent online war where everything you do makes a difference.
- Teamplay: Stand, fight, win and become friends for life against overwhelming numbers.
- Three factions: Choose a faction – join as Germany, the United States or the Soviet Union.
- Six soldier types: Play as Infantry, Tank crew, Fighter pilot, Paratrooper, Recon or General – choosing the role and playstyle that suits you.
- 60+ weapons: Arm yourself with authentic WW2 weapons like the US M1A1 Thompson submachine gun, the Soviet PPSH-41 submachine gun or the German Sturmgewehr 44. Engage in close combat with a wrench or a spade. With future updates, the arsenal is ever-expanding.
- 65+ vehicles: Tanks, armored vehicles, motorcycles and fighter planes – they are all there. So are bicycles and amphibious vehicles. Future updates will add even more vehicles.
- Community: During open beta, Heroes & Generals attracted more than 8.5 million players from 194 different countries, forming a dedicated and friendly community.
- Character progression: Set your soldier on a career path progressing in skill, unlocking perks and new equipment as you fight in the war.
- Veteran game developers: Developed by the original creators of the Hitman series and Freedom Fighters.
- Continuous development: Heroes & Generals is updated regularly with new features, technology and content.