Today Dutch independent developers Vertigo Games and Jaywalkers Interactive announced that their VR zombie shooter Arizona Sunshine will launch on 6 December 2016 for Oculus Rift with Touch support as well as for HTC Vive, via Oculus Home and Steam respectively.
Priced at $39.99, the game is now available for pre-order at a 15% discount via Steam (HTC Vive) and Humble Bundle (Oculus Touch). Pre-orders will also receive an Arizona Sunshine compositor image for their headsets, a desktop background image, and concept art from the game.
Arizona Sunshine is developed from the ground up for HTC Vive and Oculus Touch. Step in the midst of a zombie apocalypse as if you were really there, freely move around and explore a post-apocalyptic world, and handle motion-controlled weapons with real-life movements – putting the undead back to rest is more thrilling and satisfying than ever before.
- Real-life weapon handling. Using VR motion controllers, handle, fire, and reload over 25 different weapons with real-life movements. Anticipate attacks, manage your ammo and aim down the sights to blast your enemies to undead pieces.
- Freely explore your surroundings. Move around without restraints to explore a series of huge southwestern American environments, including blistering-hot deserts, treacherous canyons and deep, dark mines.
- Enjoy a full-size single player campaign. The campaign mode is built in bite-sized VR chunks that flow together to form a full narrative. Whether you want to jump in for a short session or stay for the complete ride, we’ve got you covered.
- Join forces in co-op multiplayer. Combine forces with a friend in co-op campaign mode or multiplayer Horde mode for up to four players. But beware, more warm brains mean more hungry undead.
- Put yourself through serious survival. Scavenge the environment, loot your enemies and manage your ammo and consumables.
- Experience unprecedented VR realism. When powered by an Intel® Core™ i7 processor or equivalent, Arizona Sunshine brings unprecedented realism to VR gaming with zombie mutilation, destructible environments, and an overall cinematic and immersive experience.
- Play it only in VR. Arizona Sunshine is a VR shooter exclusively built for VR from the ground up. Step into the midst of a zombie attack as if you were really there and take on undead creatures close enough to touch.
To get a head start on survival in Arizona Sunshine and for a chance at theNovember 22-29 closed beta, sign up for the newsletter by November 15that www.arizona-sunshine.com.
Arizona Sunshine will launch for Oculus Touch and HTC Vive on 6 December 2016.