From Press Release Email:
Torn Banner Studios, creators of the popular first-person medieval melee slasher Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, are excited to announce that Mirage: Arcane Warfare is now available on Steam for Windows PC. The skill-based multiplayer FPS captures the true destructive power of magic and melee combat with the tight control of a first-person shooter.
Taking the ultraviolence and complex melee combat of Chivalry to the next level, Torn Banner provides Mirage’s mystical warriors an arsenal of magic and swords to annihilate their adversaries. The long-awaited release of the online multiplayer action game transports players to an Arabian-inspired fantastical world, where a full-scale war has erupted over the destiny of Bashrahn and the powerful magic of the Jinn.
To celebrate the launch and welcome fans to the mystical realm of Mirage: Arcane Warfare, Torn Banner is offering players a 10% discount for both editions of Mirage and has released new images and two exciting new trailers for the game.
Torn Banner President Steve Piggott says this is what players will love about Mirage: “Mirage’s complex combat system puts complete control in the player’s hands. Swordplay and spellcasting are built together into a system where you can always both defend or attack. We can’t wait to see what players discover as they explore the depth of this world and the new fighting system”.
In Mirage: Arcane Warfare, the calm of a strange fantasy world is shattered by ruthless civil war. Warriors armed with steel and magic bring violence and death as they do battle across a fantastical Arabian and Persian-inspired setting of desert sands, market bazaars and grand palaces. Built using the powerful new capabilities of Unreal Engine 4, Mirage: Arcane Warfare presents visually stunning backdrops to some viscerally brutal multiplayer combat.
- Arena Mode— A competitive 3v3 tournament where players battle until the last warrior stands on six small maps designed for fast, vicious brawls. Featuring four brand new maps at game launch: Blood Moon, Cell Block, Storm Drain and Wishing Well
- Six Iconic Classes—
- Entropist – Staff wielding hybrid that has a magic carpet and a mixture of offensive and healing capabilities
- Viglist – Stalwart defender that supports teammates with her control over the battlefield and knockaround capabilities
- Vypress – An elusive and agile assassin that uses mobility and speed to cut foes down
- Taurant – Hulking brute that excels at melee and uses his size and physical strength to dominate enemies up close
- Alchemancer – Powerful mage that relies on the devastating power and capabilities of his ranged magic
- Tinker – Defensive trap specialist that uses cunning and wit to defeat larger opponent
- 6 Game Modes Across 27 Maps— Sprawling environments set the stage for combat on a top of a massive monolith, through desolate desert ruins, an opulent royal palace and more, designed for each of several gameplay modes including: Arena, Jinn Delivery, Team Objective, Glyph Control, Ark Escort, and 10v10 Team Deathmatch
- 12 Unique Player-Controlled Character Voices— Players can express themselves with hundreds of voice commands and explore the unique personalities of a colorful cast of characters
- Extensive Character Customization— Explore deep character customization with a multitude of aesthetic options including magic tattoos, hairstyles, clothing material, along with a massive randomized weapon and armor drop system
Developed and published by Torn Banner Studios, the standard edition of Mirage: Arcane Warfare is available for $29.99. The Special Edition includes the original game soundtrack, “Bones of the Bygone” and “Honor Masks” helmet packs, a Random Drops package, a fan pack comprised of wallpapers, character art, a world map and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, all for $39.99.