From Press email:
Daybreak Games has released a massive game update for H1Z1® that includes team scoring, Pre-Season 5, three new POIs, revamped gas mechanics and more!
- Team scoring and leaderboards: Players will now receive a score for both them and each of their teammates in duos and fives. That team score goes up whenever a team member gets a kill or assist, as well as whenever a full team gets eliminated. Players can see individual kills and assists for all team members at the end of the match.
- Dynamic gas ring system: The new design for the gas ring system makes it so that final rings utilize the entire map. Matches can now end almost anywhere on the map rather than just the middle, ensuring the action travels to previously rarely visited locations like the dam. The spawn system has been updated accordingly to ensure players don’t start any game too far away from where it will end.
- UI improvements: New UI updates make it easier to find groups by including a list of players recently grouped with, identify the group leader, and allow players to stay together with a pick-up group. Plus, there is now a new tab to make it easier to discover skirmishes and other in-game events.
- New POIs: Three new major landmarks have been added to the world map: Coy’s Car Salvage, Ponyvale Equestrian Estates, and Emerald Hydra, Site 7.
- Vehicle updates: Vehicles have been refined to give them more defined roles in the game. Hill-climb throttling has been removed from the Off-Roader, making it the best-performing vehicle on rocky terrain, while the pickup truck now takes zero damage and slowdown from running through destructible objects.
- Laminated armor spawns: The spawn rate of laminated armor has been reduced and better dispersed to make them more special. They’ve also been added as a guaranteed item in airdrop crates.
- “Pleasant Valley Nightmare” skirmish: A new limited-time skirmish will be playable on the weekends. Set at night, this skirmish starts with the gas already advanced around Pleasant Valley, which means that the matches will play out much faster.
H1Z1: King of the Kill is a single-elimination, massive arena shooter that pits 150+ battle-hardened players against one another in a sprawling world arena. Scavenge for weapons, ammo, armor, vehicles and supplies to gain the upper hand on the competition and remain the last one standing.
H1Z1 is currently available on Windows PC through Steam Early Access.