From Press Release:
Independent game developer Fenix Fire Entertainment and Reverb Triple XP announced today that ‘The Architect,’ the largest major update for the multiplayer space survival game, Osiris: New Dawn, is now available on Steam. ‘The Architect’ update adds a staggering amount of new structures, walls, utilities and other buildables enabling players to craft anything they can imagine especially with the debut of Creative Mode. Improved melee combat, the new Bolt Rifle, rebalanced skill trees, and several added gameplay sliders will also be found in this major content update.
‘The Architect’ key features include:
- Creative Mode – Players can now enjoy a near-limitless sandbox game mode to build all sorts of amazing structures. Huge highways, large walled buildings, and massive landmarks are just some of the custom structures that can be made.
- New Base Defenses and Utilities – Gamers can make use of different wall materials to reinforce their base of operations and take advantage of new electric fences, sling turrets, and electro-dome defenses.
- Stackable Habitat Structures – Increase the colony’s livable space with stackable habitat structures connected with automated elevators.
- Better Starting Equipment – A new beginning point as well as better starting equipment will ease new space adventurers into the harsh alien environment.
- New Weapon: Bolt Rifle – The update introduces the powerful Bolt Rifle, a higher-powered, single shot weapon with tremendous range.
- Batch Crafting and Auto Mining – Automate multiple crafting needs with Batch Crafting and never worry about searching for excavated minerals with the new Auto Mining option.
- Rebalanced Skill Trees – Skill trees for every class have been rebalanced for better overall player progression.
- New Gameplay Sliders – Customize the game with a huge assortment of slider options including Structure Decay Speed, Hover Duration, Fall Damage and much more.
The Osiris: New Dawn mission begins in 2046 A.D. after mankind’s revolutionary discovery of near-lightspeed “fold engine” propulsion abilities. This has landed the Osiris expeditionary mission team in the Gliese 581 system 20 light years away. As part of the second colonization team sent by the U.N.E. (United Nations of Earth) to study planets for potential Earth re-population, the spacecraft malfunctions, braking violently from light speed and forcing an emergency landing on the planet’s surface. Players must overcome the dangers of unpredictable weather conditions by building a central base, expanding the structure further with modular units to grow food, creating research centers, manufacturing bays and uncovering the dark events behind the missing Osiris-1 team, threatening Project Osiris.