From Press Release:
SAN FRANCISCO – March 15, 2018 – With more than 30 million downloads to-date, nWay, Saban Brands and global content leader Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) are marking Power Rangers: Legacy Wars’ one-year anniversary with a mega-sized 2.0 update for the synchronous real-time fighting game. Available today on iOS and Android, this massive update introduces several new features and modes that expand the game’s capabilities as Power Rangers: Legacy Wars continues to lead competitive mobile gaming into the mainstream.
“Our past year with Power Rangers: Legacy Wars has been an explosive success with fans and players, as well as an eSports phenomenon, showing that synchronous multiplayer mobile games are a key part of the future for competitive gaming,” said Taehoon Kim, CEO at nWay “It’s also been incredible watching the global Power Rangers fan base and new players snowball into an extremely dedicated Legacy Wars community, making it even more rewarding to add highly requested features and incorporate even more iconic Power Rangers characters into the ever-growing roster of fighters.”
“For 25 years, Saban’s Power Rangers has continued to be an incredible franchise on and off the television screen. Its evergreen, global appeal gifts us with the ability to create high quality, immersive experiences like Power Rangers: Legacy Wars, which has become a powerful force in mobile gaming,” adds Janet Hsu, CEO at Saban Brands.
“nWay and Saban Brands are amazing partners and Power Rangers is an iconic, globally beloved brand. Together, we’ve been able to launch a hit mobile game that continues to resonate with players around the world,” said Lionsgate President of Interactive Ventures, Games & Digital Strategy Peter Levin. We look forward to continuing to bring fans new and exciting ways to interact with their favorite content.”
The 2.0 anniversary update greatly expands Power Rangers: Legacy Wars by adding:
- Draft Battles Mode – Players can easily host their own tournaments inspired by the official Mobile Master tournament rules, complete with “Ban” and “Pick” options commonly seen in eSports titles
- Broadcast Mode – Custom “Spectator View” made for streamers that creates a more engaging viewer experience by showing both players’ combat UI
- Score Attack Tournament – Limited-time tournaments where players are scored on wins, damage dealt and damage taken.
- Dino Thunder Black Ranger: — One of Tommy Oliver’s popular iterations, the Dino Thunder Black Ranger will be the first warrior with the ability to build a special meter and mid-battle, morph into “Super Dino Mode” to boost his speed and power
- Champions League – A fiercely competitive league tailor-made for elite players above 4800 medals, providing increasingly special and valuable rewards as players climb the ladder
In addition to the new character and extensive list of new features, the Anniversary will also bring a series of celebratory live events, free rewards, tournaments and special deals to players across two weeks.
- Dino Thunder Black Free Trial Tournament — Test run the newest warrior in a free tournament
- New Daily Missions — unlock great prizes by completing unique goals
- History of Power Rangers Daily Tournament — Each day, play as characters from a different era of Power Rangers
- Double Rewards Megazord Event — Earn twice the rewards in this special Megazord Mode
- Anniversary Special Offers — Each day the game will have a suite of special offers
- Daily Login Bonus – Special offers on the login calendar during the Anniversary celebration
nWay has released a timely infographic and video recapping the past year of Power Rangers: Legacy Wars’ successes, tournaments and community events viewable here.
This year, the Saban’s Power Rangers franchise is also celebrating its 25th Anniversary. With nearly 900 episodes and 25 continuous years on the air, “Power Rangers” is one of the longest running shows in television history. For more on Saban’s Power Rangers, please visit www.powerrangers.com and follow Power Rangers on http://rangernation.com/, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.