From Press Release:
LONDON, ON – June 11, 2018 – Canadian developer and publisher Digital Extremes has returned to the popular Cinematic Quests that stoked past Warframe® player imaginations with the new story-centric update The Sacrifice, debuting this week on Steam PC. In the wake of a cliff-hanging story sequence revealed last December, the ensemble of familiar characters and story structure turns toward the surreal. A foreboding vision will lead you, the Tenno, on a hunt for a savage new Warframe. Prepare yourself by downloading Warframe here for free.
The Sacrifice is for all Warframe players, but only dedicated Tenno who have trekked deep enough into the game can start it. Only upon completing The Second Dream, The War Within, Chains of Harrow and the Apostasy Prologue will steadfast Tenno learn the plight of The Lotus, Ballas, and the creation of the Warframes. Tenno will wind through a labyrinthine gauntlet of action-filled gameplay, flashbacks and cutscenes in this harrowing new Cinematic Quest. What is at stake for the future of the Warframes?
Key Features Include:
- UMBRA, AT LAST: Ferocious and untamed, Umbra’s fury is second only to his mastery of the blade. Complete The Sacrifice to discover the power of Umbra.
- UI, PRIMED: Warframe‘s user interface is ever-evolving. Experience the first step in this brand-new UI, including a revamped inventory menu, customizable UI themes, updated vendor menus (like Baro, Syndicates, etc.), new UI sounds across all menus, and more!
- TENNO CUSTOMIZATIONS: Embrace the shadows with these ancient Orokin masterpieces.
- Umbra Armor: Eclipse the darkness of Umbra with this Armor Set for any Warframe.
- Umbra Operator Cosmetics: Adorn your Operator with these ascendant Cosmetics.
- Umbra Hooded Scarf: Prowl the night with this masterful scarf.
- Umbra Blindfold: Embrace the shadows with this elegant blindfold.
- Umbra Diadem: Adorn your Operator with this ascendant crown.
- Umbra Earpiece: Dazzle your foes with these ancient earpieces.
- Umbra Kubrow Armor: Howl at the moon with the Umbra Kubrow Armor Set.
- Umbra Kavat Armor: The Umbra Kavat Armor Set embodies the height of feline Fashion Frame.
ADDITIONAL UPDATE HIGHLIGHTS
- Ability Weapons such as Excalibur’s Exalted Blade And Valkyr’s Talons are now Moddable in the Arsenal.
- Show off your Fashion Frames in a new Captura scene based on The Sacrifice.
- Emblazon your profile with brand-new Umbra Profile Glyphs!
- Use promo code “OLDFRIEND” for a free Orokin Tea Set Decoration and a 3-Day Affinity Booster! Available on all platforms until at 11:59 p.m. ET, July 20, 2018.
FREE PRIME WITH TWITCH PRIME
- The full year of Free Prime with Twitch Prime has begun! Get Trinity Prime and the exclusive Spektaka Prime Syandana for free with your Twitch Prime membership. We will be offering exciting Warframe content as part of this program all year! Once your account is linked, click here to claim your Trinity Prime and exclusive Spektaka Prime Syandana!
The Sacrifice update will arrive on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 this summer.
Don’t miss Warframe‘s biggest reveals of the year – join us as for our annual fan convention, TennoCon, with TennoLive at 3 pm PST/6 pm EST on Saturday, July 7 on twitch.tv/Warframe. Head to www.warframe.com/tennocon/ to RSVP and pick up the TennoCon Digital Pack for exclusive TennoCon cosmetics and access to a special Baro Relay! A portion of the proceeds from TennoCon will go to this year’s community partner, Canada Learning Code, which teaches digital skills to women, girls, people with disabilities, indigenous youth, and newcomers. For more information on Canada Learning Code’s education vision and programs, head to https://www.
Would you like to join the Warframe community? Head to our forums to start a conversation. Check our official website at www.warframe.com and download Warframe for free on PC, Xbox One or PS4. To keep up with the latest updates from the development team, be sure to follow Warframe on Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world’s top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games’ multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal, Unreal Tournament – and all its iterations – Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multi-player campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of more than 38 million registered players on PC, PS4™ and Xbox One. For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
# # #