From Press Release:
2019-05-16: Katowice, Poland | Irony Curtain, the satirical adventure game set in a world of Cold War spies and over the top caricatures of 1950’s Eastern Europe and The United States, is available today on Steam and GOG.
The game has a 10% launch discount on GOG and Steam that will end on May 23rd, 2019.
- Original, fictional Cold War era setting – An alternate reality unbound by historical accuracy. Explore communistic Matryoshka full of absurd situations and determined citizens who’ll work all possible angles to navigate this illogical, odd country.
- A spy intrigue story – Sleeper spies, stolen secrets and world-domination plots wrapped in layers of humor.
- Quirky characters – Strong archetypes with their own personalities, preferences and backstories. Meet the mysterious Leader ruling Matryoshka with an irony fist, the clueless and gullible Evan, the brave and witty Agent Anna, the notorious Minister of Propaganda and more.
- Inspired by classic point-and-clicks – But better! No dream-logic. No pixel hunting.
- Do it your way – Some of the puzzles are non-linear and can be solved in two or more ways.
- 21 hand-painted locations – that look surprisingly better than their original inspirations.
- 1,951 cleverly smuggled-in easter eggs – some of them punishable by political imprisonment.
- An anthem for the nations – no more irksome elevator music. Irony Curtain’s score is as grand as Matryoshka itself, written by the state composer Arkadiusz Reikowski (known from Layers of Fear, Observer, Kholat, My Brother Rabbit) with Main Theme by Peter McConnell (Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, Broken Age).
- Full, professional voice-over – Fully voiced in English, with subtitles in Polish and German.