From Press Release:
STOCKHOLM – May 16, 2019 – Paradox Interactive and Haemimont Games today announced Surviving Mars: Green Planet and Project Laika are now available on PC, Mac, Linux, Xbox One, and PlayStation®4. Players can purchase Surviving Mars: Green Planet and Project Laika for $19.99 and $5.99 MSRP respectively, or the Green Planet Plus bundle that includes both for $23.90 MSRP. To celebrate Green Planet’s launch, all Surviving Mars owners can download the free Armstrong update, which adds landscaping tools, new special projects, additional buildings, a revamped Research UI, and more to the survival management game.
Purchase Surviving Mars: Green Planet and Project Laika on the Paradox Store: https://www.paradoxplaza.com/
Surviving Mars: Green Planet is the second major expansion for Surviving Mars, giving players the power to turn the Red Planet green and open the domes with the introduction of Terraforming Parameters. These Terraforming Parameters add new layers of strategic depth to Surviving Mars and are affected by new terraforming buildings, completing special projects, and seeding vegetation across the planet’s surface in hopes of making Mars capable of supporting human life. Additionally, Mars has become pet friendly with the Project Laika animal pack that brings a variety of pets and livestock to the alien world — but keep an eye on those pets because some of your colonists’ companions may surprise you.
The free Armstrong update continues the mission to enhance the core Surviving Mars experience for everyone. Armstrong adds a host of gameplay features, including landscaping tools that allow players to change the topology of the planet’s surface to fit their needs.
Armstrong Update includes:
- 5 Landscaping Tools and Buildings: Flatten terrain, create ramps, change surface texture, and construct rock formations to fit your colony’s needs. Landscaping does not require research and is available at the start of the game. Make sure you monitor your resources while landscaping the planet, all that displaced rock and dirt has to go somewhere!
- 3 Special Projects: Now you can capture meteors, launch high-speed comm satellites, and even launch a SETI satellite. These special projects become available when the first batch of Planetary Anomalies gets discovered and do not require previous research.
- 2 New Buildings: Players can build a Large Dumping Site and Rocket Construction Site for their colonies. The Large Dumping Site is available right away and gives you a place to put all the excess Waste Rock while the Rocket Construction Site allows you to build rockets after you have researched Advanced Rocketry.
- 20 New Events: These events add more variety at the early stages of the game, so be on the lookout!
- New Research UI: Revamped research interface.
Surviving Mars: Green Planet features include:
- Terraforming: Terraform Mars and make the hostile planet habitable for humanity. Each decision you make while managing your colony can affect the Terraforming Parameters, which includes Atmosphere, Temperature, Water, and Vegetation, and ideally brings them closer to habitable levels. Monitor your progress on a planetary scale with the Planetary Overview UI. Once you’ve made the atmosphere breathable, open the domes and let your colonists breathe Martian air!
- Green Mars: Seed the surface of Mars with various lichen, grass, shrubs, or trees and watch as they begin to turn the Red Planet green. Low maintenance plants like Lichen can improve the soil quality to help more complex plants grow while Trees produce high seed yields for your colony to harvest. Be sure to monitor your soil quality levels to keep your plants healthy and growing.
- Special Projects: Take on seven challenging Special Projects like melting the polar caps, capturing ice asteroids, launching a space mirror, and more to begin shifting the Terraforming Parameters. Be careful, these projects will have a lasting impact on the planet and will trigger natural disasters!
- 7 New Terraforming Buildings: Construct seven new buildings that can help you terraform the planet or capitalize on the changes. Use the GHG factory to release greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere, the Forestation Plant to boost vegetation production, the Water Pump to fill a man-made lake bed, and more.
- Climate Calamities: Terraforming a planet can have unexpected consequences. If you release too many greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere you can trigger acid rain which reduces soil quality, or if an asteroid slams into the planet it will cause a Marsquake that can disrupt your colony’s production.
Project Laika includes:
- Animal Farm: Breed up to eight different farm animals in the Martian Pastures including Cows, Chickens, Pigs, and more. Farm animals can be raised for food in the new In-Dome Ranches or Outside Ranches, depending on their size, and consume more water than crops.
- Martian’s Best Friend: Animal Pack features 25 different pets, ranging from your usual suspects like cats, dogs, and rabbits to some unexpected critters like llamas, penguins, and platypuses. Once you terraform the planet enough, pets will go outside to explore nearby bushes and trees.
The Surviving Mars season pass includes the Green Planet expansion and Project Laika animal pack. The Armstrong update is free to all players who own Surviving Mars. To find out more about Surviving Mars head over here for upcoming news and community activities: www.survivingmars.com/