From Press Release:
CALABASAS, Calif. – June 18, 2019 – Koji Igarashi’s gothic side-scrolling action RPG Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, from developer ArtPlay and global publisher 505 Games, is available beginning today digitally and at major retail stores worldwide on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, with its launch on Nintendo Switch arriving next week.
Conceived by the legendary Koji Igarashi, the renowned godfather of the beloved Igavania genre, and featuring music by Mirichu Yamane (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) and Ippo Yamada (Resident Evil), Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is a modern, side-scrolling action RPG experience that will satisfy long-time fans of Iga’s previous work, as well as entice players new to his legacy. Everything in Bloodstained is rendered in loving 3D detail on a 2D side-scrolling environment that evolves as players progress through the biggest game map of his career, giving them more to explore and enjoy.
Set in 18th century England, where a paranormal force has summoned a demon-infested castle, revealing crystal shards infused with tremendous magical power, players of Bloodstained take on the role of Miriam, an orphan scarred by an alchemist curse which slowly crystallizes her body, enabling her to use spells, weapons, special items and abilities to tailor the game to their playstyle. To save humanity and herself, Miriam must fight through the castle while collecting, crafting and unlocking a vast array of weapons, equipment and loot to defeat the summoner Gebel and the countless minions and bosses of hell that await.
Bloodstained will be available for purchase at the following dates and times:
- PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One:
- Tuesday, June 18
- 7 a.m. UTC (GMT) / 12:01 a.m. PDT on Sony PlayStation Network (Europe, Korea*)
- 7 a.m. UTC (GMT) / 12:01 a.m. PDT on Xbox Games Store (North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand)
- 13:00 UTC (GMT) / 6 a.m. PDT on Steam and GOG (NA, EU and ANZ; Steam only in all Asian territories*)
- 17:00 UTC (GMT) / 10 a.m. PDT on Sony PlayStation Network (North America)
- Wednesday, June 19 on PS4 in Southeast Asia including Hong Kong and Taiwan*
- Nintendo Switch: Tuesday, June 25 on Nintendo Game Store (NA, EU, ANZ, Korea and SEA including Hong Kong and Taiwan*)
- Tuesday, June 18
- PlayStation 4 and Xbox One:
- Tuesday, June 18 on both consoles at participating North American and Korean retailers
- Wednesday, June 19 on PS4 in SEA including Hong Kong and Taiwan*
- Thursday, June 20 on both consoles at participating retailers in Spain, Portugal, Australia and New Zealand
- Friday, June 21 on both consoles at participating retailers in U.K., France, Italy, Germany and other European territories
- Nintendo Switch:
- Tuesday, June 25 at participating retailers in North America, Korea and SEA including Hong Kong and Taiwan*
- Thursday, June 27 at participating retailers in Spain, Portugal, Australia and New Zealand
- Friday, June 28 at participating retailers in U.K., France, Italy, Germany and other European territories
All standard versions of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night are priced at $39.99.
In addition to the sprawling single-player story experience with alternate endings, more than a dozen DLCs will be released post-launch as free updates, including Online and Local Co-op and VS. mode, Roguelike mode, Boss Rush, Chaos mode and Nightmare Difficulty. Secret playable characters are also awaiting discovery, increasing the replay value even further.
The Speed Demon Update, which adds optimized graphics, visuals and balance, in addition to Speed Run Mode, Boss Rush Mode and the Pure Miriam Outfit, will be available at launch for PC and is expected later next week for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
Also available today for PC is the “Iga’s Back Pack” DLC, priced at $9.99. Players who opt in will be able to fight Koji Igarashi himself as a boss in-game and once defeated, earn the powerful Swordwhip weapon. The “Iga’s Back Pack” DLC will be available for Nintendo Switch™ on Friday, June 28. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players will be able to purchase the “Iga’s Back Pack” DLC beginning Tuesday, July 2.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is rated T for Teen by The Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB). For more information about the upcoming launch of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, please visit: https://www.playbloodstained.com. For more information about 505 Games and its products, please visit www.505games.com.