From Press Release:
Hamburg, April 23rd, 2020 – Unfrozen and Daedalic Entertainment are delighted to announce that their popular dark fantasy roguelike RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead leaves Steam Early Access today. Additionally, thanks to a successful Early Access phase, the first large expansion Iratus: Wrath of the Necromancer has been announced for September.
If you like challenging tactical RPGs like Darkest Dungeon and you possess a dark sense of humour, Iratus: Lord of the Dead is the game for you. Iratus rises from the dead and rebuilds his undead army of monsters from the remains of his enemies. The necromancer and his mouldy minions have hundreds of different skills you must develop and combine effectively in order to fight your way out of your crypt and get your revenge on the good guys.
With the full release comes two new epic dungeon levels, more enemies, items, quests and the three levels that have been playable since Early Access launch also have additional content. Of course, the full release also contains all content and quality of life updates that have been implemented since last year.
Iratus: Lord of The Dead was Steam No. 1 at its Early Access launch and has been very popular with the community ever since, with about 90% positive user reviews. Fans can look forward to the large expansion Iratus: Wrath of the Necromancer, coming in September, where they can once more become a megalomaniacal necromant, with more story content, additional bosses, minions and more to enjoy.
- Play on the side of evil, embodied by the necromancer Iratus!
- Expand and improve your underground lair.
- Craft 18 types of obedient servants from the body parts of your conquered enemies: zombies, vampires, skeletons, mummies, banshees and many more!
- Each minion has six unique abilities for a total of nearly one-hundred abilities for you to command.
- Advanced combat system: to win you need to know both the strengths and weaknesses of your troops and enemies.
- Iratus can kill his enemies not only by magic or claw but also by draining their sanity!
- Four talent trees that alter the way you play: Alchemy, Magic, Ire and Destruction.
- Roguelike elements: minions that die are gone for good and the game saves automatically, making each choice irreversible.
- Detailed 2D graphics and a gloomy atmosphere of dark fantasy.
- Various difficulty levels, satisfying every type of player from novice to hardcore.
- Iratus himself is voiced by the voice-acting legend Stefan Weyte, famous for his performance as Caleb in the cult game series “Blood”
News and updates can be found at Iratus: Lord of the Dead on Steam.