From Press Release:
London, UK – 21st May – Armin Ibrisagic, designer of multi-million selling Goat Simulator, and his development studio DoubleMoose have today unveiled first details of Just Die Already, a ridiculously gory and unpredictable physics-based sandbox game.
Set in a bizarre imaginary world, Just Die Already sees competitors of the more senior persuasion completing outrageous challenges in order to reserve their place in the World’s Nicest Retirement Home. A Mayhem Sandbox world filled to the brim with crazy tools and contraptions, it’s a game in which players – either solo or with up to three friends – can delight in the experimental, working out ever more incredible ways to secure the game’s fabled golden tickets.
“When we started making the game, there wasn’t all this going on,” says Armin Ibrisagic, gesturing around at all the global craziness. “So it does feel a little weird introducing such a ridiculous, over-the-top sandbox game when the world is so grim at the moment. That said, maybe supergluing a rocket pack to the back of an octogenarian and sending him flying into a construction site just to see what happens is the type of escape we all need right now?”
Just Die Already will be releasing on PC in the Summer, but players won’t have too long to wait before they can escape to the game’s crazy world themselves. A demo version will be available on Steam shortly, with players able to Wishlist now in order to be notified of the game’s release.
- BE OLD, BE BOLD – You get to be an old person. Grumpy, old, frail and grumbling about the World: the dream you didn’t know you had until now. Finally, you’ve found something in common with your average Boomer.
- BREAK A LEG… BREAK A NECK, A FEW RIBS, MAYBE A NOSE – Discover the joys of being ancient and brittle, anything can break you and you can break your everything
- DON’T TRY THIS AT (RETIREMENT) HOME – Complete dangerous challenges that you would never ever try at home and answer existential questions like: can you launch yourself from a catapult and land on someone? Or, can you survive losing your head, grabbing it and whacking someone with it?
- ONE MISSION: RETIRE! – Earn rewards by completing dangerous challenges. Your goal? To qualify for a proper retirement home. That makes perfect sense. Word of advice: try and stay in one piece so you can enjoy it in the end…
- SANDBOX MULTIPLAYER – Play alone, or with up to 4 players in online multiplayer. Complete challenges together, or just cause mayhem and rip your friends’ limbs off!
- BE OLD. TWICE. -You get to be an old person. So good we said it twice.
- LIMITLESS INTERACTION – Pick up and interact with a very wide variety of objects. Everything from giant trouts, trampolines, firearms, electrical wiring, and fireworks, just to mention a few. Bazookas, axes, trombones, air horns and jetpacks to mention a few more. Yes, they all can be used to hurt and maim.
- EMBRACE YOUR INNER BOOMER – Wreak havoc on the Millennial and Zoomer population (we forgot Generation X, just like everyone else). NPCs react differently depending on their age – some will laugh and clap at others getting hurt while others will run away in terror.
- THE GAME CAN BE AS CRAZY AS YOU -The city is filled with detailed environments, loaded with secrets and hidden paths, that encourage detailed exploration and quirky experimentation to truly see it all.
- OLD. PERSON. – Okay that’s the last time we promise.
- ONE MORE THING – Wait, wait one last thing! Did we mention you can find a glue gun that lets you, for example, attach fireworks to a bike, and then ride the bike? Or that you can disrupt traffic and make a traffic jam until cars explode? Or that you can attach wings to your arm and fly around?
For more information: