May 27, 2020
Dreadlands “Tempered Steel” update is the biggest yet, improving everything from onboarding to skill trees to the visuals and UI
From Press Release:
Stockholm, Sweden – May 27th, 2020 – Blackfox Studios today revealed its latest update for its post-apocalyptic turn based game Dreadlands. The Tempered Steel update provides an extensive update to the game’s visuals, UI and on-boarding flow. Additionally the skill system was massively overhauled with 70+ new skills all spread out over individual skill trees. As if the Dreadlands wasn’t dangerous enough, both Heavy Machineguns and Flamethrowers were added to the game too. So things are sure to heat up!
“The Dreadlands community has been invaluable in helping us shape and craft a rewarding turn based strategy experience and we’d love to bring even more players into that community feedback process” Said Blackfox CEO and Dreadlands Creator Peter Nilsson.
Dreadlands is running its biggest discount for a limited period with the Welcome to Dreadlands sale with 30% off: https://playdreadlands.
Leveling & XP
- Each unit now has their own skill tree (includes passive & active skills) with over 70 new skills.
- Max level is now Lv 6.
- XP required to level up has been lowered.
- All units now have their own starting skills
Added Heavy weapons & Flamethrower
- 2 New Heavy weapons the Hellion and Warmonger have been added, as well the Flamethrower.
- Items are no longer consumed on use (apart from Glow Stims). Meaning they are only consumed in-battle and are then restored to use in the next battle.
- Antidote renamed to Stim-Pack. Stim-Pack cures Poison and Burn debuffs.
- Repair-kits can now restore 1 armor point in combat.
- Ammo renamed Ammo Pack. Can no longer be crafted at the Workshop.
- Unit inventory size is now reduced from 6 to 4. [Items equipped in the removed slots will be moved to the Gang Inventory, or if it’s full, to the Stash]
Formation system more flexible
- Formations now only have 2 restrictions. That your Slot points don’t go beyond the max and that you don’t field more than 10 units total.
- This allows for much greater freedom in what units to bring into combat.
Combat Challenges & MVP
- 8 additional combat challenges added that will rotate.
- MVP now rewards additional XP.
- Improved the lighting in several parts of the game.
- Improved the look of the Scrapper and Tribe-kin Hideouts.
- Added additional combat, hideout and ambient music to the game.
- Added additional voices to units.
- Visually improved across several parts of the game.
- Redesigned the Inventory & stat screens.
- Overworld map now has additional quick access buttons.
- The main menu now has the “Settings” menu button.
- Weapon traits descriptions are now visible on mouse over.
- Available Contracts and the Hideout is now marked out on the map.
- Implemented class icons to see which unit is which easier.
Thank you for your continued support and feedback.
See you in the Dreadlands!
// The Dreadlands team