From Press Release:
Moscow, Russia (16 October) – Your destiny awaits! Buka Entertainment and Sobaka Studios have today launched their old-school beat ‘em up ninja fighting game 9 Monkeys of Shaolin. The game is available now on PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch from £24.99 / €29.99 / $29.99, with both single player and online or offline co-op modes. Sharpen your skills and crush your enemies on your road to victory discovering various unlockable perks, items and fighting styles whilst following the story of simple Chinese fisherman Wei Cheng on a quest to avenge the deaths of friends and family, slaughtered in a devastating pirate raid on his peaceful village.
We’re extremely happy that this day has finally arrived! Gamers across the globe can dive into the legend of Shaolin monks starting now!” Said Dmitry Kachkov, Founder of Sobaka Studio. “It’s been a long and exciting three-year journey and we used all the experience we had earned to create a unique game full of adventures, challenges and that distinct warm atmosphere of good old-fashioned kung fu action movies.”
About Monkeys of Shaolin
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle”. – Sun Tzu, The Art of War
9 Monkeys of Shaolin – marks a true rebirth of the iconic beat ’em up genre in the vein of old-school video games. If, as a kid you had hours of fun playing SNES or SEGA beat ’em up videogames crushing foes left and right then this new title from the creators of hardcore brawler REDEEMER is definitely for you!
As a mere Chinese fisherman Wei Cheng you have to avenge the death of your friends and family slaughtered in a pirate raid at your peaceful village. Game protagonist is quite a tough nut to crack as he knows the basics of ancient martial arts only mastered by legendary Shaolin monks. Get your trusty battle staff ready for a challenging adventure in Medieval China and for merciless fights with hordes of various enemies.
Action-packed battles, user friendly controls and incredible atmosphere of great kung-fu movies of 70s – all this makes 9 Monkeys of Shaolin a perfect choice for every true fan of really hardcore brawlers.
- 3 unique fighting styles: fight on earth, in the air or use mysterious magic seals. Combine these elements to defeat every enemy on your way.
- Captivating narrative: discover the fascinating story of Wei Cheng and follow him as he rises from a simple fisherman to the master of Shaolin martial arts.
- Stunning visual style: unlikely combination of historical and mystical elements gives you an exciting experience from every scene appears on screen.
- Extensive character development system: you learn a great deal of ways to victory as you discover various unlockable perks, items and fighting styles.
- More than 25 different levels: Chinese villages, pirate ship, Buddhist monasteries, Japanese mansions, ancient ruins and many more.
- 10 types of Chinese and Japanese polearms, each with its unique traits. Discover the landscapes to find new items!
- Co-op play: invite your friend to help you fight through growing waves of enemies and complete the game together.
Steam £14.99 / €19.99 / $19.99
PlayStation 4 £24.99 / €29.99 / $29.99
Xbox One £24.99 / €29.99 / $29.99
Nintendo Switch £24.99 / €29.99 / $29.99
9 Monkeys of Shaolin is available now on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch