From Press Release:
Hamburg/Munich, Germany, March 25th, 2021 – Publisher Daedalic Entertainment and developer Mimimi Games are excited to reveal a standalone expansion for the critically acclaimed and fan-favorite stealth tactics game Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun. In Aiko’s Choice players return to the beautiful world of Shadow Tactics, set in Japan around the Edo period. They take on the role of kunoichi adept Aiko and her deadly assassin friends to hunt down the ghosts of her past. A copy of the main game is not required to play this standalone expansion but it is recommended to experience the first missions of the main game before diving into Aiko´s Choice. The game is set to release on PC in late 2021.
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun – Aiko´s Choice focuses on one of the main game’s protagonists: the kunoichi adept Aiko. She is a master of camouflage and distracts enemies disguised as a Geisha. While Aiko was certain that she left her old life behind, a new enemy deeply connected to Aiko’s past reappears from the shadows to challenge her. Together with her friends, a group of deadly assassins, she sets out to hunt down the ghosts of her past.
In the style of the main game, you take control of a team of lethal specialists, move in the shadows and sneak past dozens of enemies. Choose your approach wisely when infiltrating hidden forest camps or lively Edo period towns. Set traps, poison and distract your opponents – or avoid enemy contact altogether. Carefully plan your every move and come up with your own ingenious tactics to vanquish enemies and complete each of the challenging missions to uncover Aiko´s past.
- Return to the beautiful world of Shadow Tactics set in Japan, early Edo period.
- Rejoin your favorite characters for one final adventure set within the story of the main game Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun.
- Experience a previously untold tale centered around the kunoichi adept Aiko, who has to face a vicious enemy connected to her past.
- Explore three fully fledged main missions, located in brand-new environments, and three shorter interlude missions.
The expansion includes all the features of the main game:
- Play a team of completely different characters with their own unique skill sets.
- Synchronize your team’s actions to strike down your enemies at once with the “Shadow Mode” feature.
- Choose between non-lethal or deadly stealth attacks.
- Find dozens of ways to take out or sneak past your opponents the way you want.
- Choose from three difficulty levels to match your skill.
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun – Aiko’s Choice is set to release on PC in late 2021. Please visit the official Steam page for more information.