From Press Release:
LEIDEN, The Netherlands – Aug. 30, 2021 – Developer 2Awesome Studio and publisher CRITICAL REFLEX today announced that Aeon Drive, their upcoming fast-paced action-platformer game, will launch on Sept. 30, 2021, on PC, PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
A cyberpunk-themed platformer with a speedrunning twist, Aeon Drives stars Jackelyne, a space ranger desperate to get home, armed with a power sword and teleportation dagger. Jackelyne must sprint and dash through the neon-infused metropolis of Neo Barcelona, using time and space-bending abilities to find all the Drive Cores to fix her ship – and save the city from impending doom.
Aeon Drive features two separate gameplay modes. Story mode can be played solo or in local/online co-op for up to four players. Competitive PvP can also be played with up to four players local and online.
- Teleport through lasers, spikes and saws, and dash in a flash to avoid dangers through 100 levels of cyberpunk Neo Barcelona
- Run through time – Aeon Drive’s unique time-warping system cuts down on repetition and keeps the challenge ahead of you fresh
- Real-time difficulty adjustment – collect time-warping devices and use them strategically
- Colorful pixel art visuals combining modern and retro styles
- Advanced scoring system makes each new run fun and challenging for long-term replayability
For an extra competitive edge, players can use Discord Integration and Global Leaderboards to engage with friends and other players all around the world. Use streaming mode to show everyone who the real speedster of Neo Barcelona is!
Aeon Drive’s protagonist is voiced by voice actress Kira Buckland, best known for her roles as 2B in Nier: Automata, Reimi Sugimoto in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable, Trucy Wright in the Ace Attorney series, and Hiyoko Saionji in the Danganronpa series.