From Press Release:
29th September, 2021, Melbourne, Australia – Indie dev duo ‘Melting Parrot’ have released their debut title Dap on PC via Steam. Dap is a horrifying action-adventure game that’s as sweet as it is sinister, and recently won two prizes during this year’s BitSummit, picking up both the Excellence in Sound Design and the prestigious Vermillion Gate Award.
In Dap, players must guide a group of tiny creatures known as ‘Daps’ through a hostile and corrupted world. The more Daps they gather, the stronger the pack will become, allowing them to fight otherworldly horrors, unlock new areas, and work as a group to solve puzzles. But the sinister infection that’s taking over the forest can affect the Daps too – turning them into twisted, monstrous versions of themselves. Players must move carefully, or else the pack will turn savagely on itself.
Dap balances responsive and fast-paced twin-stick combat with light survival and crafting mechanics to create an engrossing horror experience, with wonder – and terror – around every twisted corner.
- Recruit and protect a herd of adorable Daps, working together to battle spine-chilling creatures and solve puzzles.
- Explore a lushly atmospheric pixelated world, guiding your Daps through alien environments and alternate realities.
- Encounter otherworldly horrors and transcendent beings, slowly uncovering the truth behind the forest’s corruption.
- Scavenge and craft to survive the deadly infection.
- Grow a garden in the spirit world and tend to it between the levels.
- Dap dap!